WoW!! The beers Gods must be on my side!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

Reaction score
Well folks after much research, I decided to purchase a more advanced kit from the one I was currently using. (All plastic bucket setup, all home made very cheesy) So I was looking in my local paper today just browsing, nothing in particular...when THERE IT WAS!

Home brew kit for sale...50$

So naturally I was sceptial at first and thought this is to good to be true if it is in fact a real HB set up. So I decided to call and inquire about it. I was AMAZED at all the stuff the guy was getting rid of.

So I decided to go by and have a look first hand and what exactly he was selling for $50 and see if it was worth it.

Here is a list of all the things I got for $50.00

2 glass carboys. one 5 gallon & one 10 gallon.

1 7 gallon stainless steel boiling pot.

1 copper wort chiller.

1 ale pail plastic bottling bucket

1 vertical press down bottle capper

2 thermometers one gravity and one temp

all the hose's and siphoning material

40 1pint 6oz Fisher snap lock bottles

20 half gallon Fisher snap lock growlers

1 keg (no c02 unit) but the standard home brew kegs seen on this site.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I know I'm forgetting a couple things but I'm pretty sure that I have all the things I need necessary to have a intermediate set up!

I'm so stoked I cant even tell you guys. The beer Gods must be shinning on me today! I had just ordered a couple kits too that now will be able to be made the proper way!

So what do you guys think...pretty good deal?

:mug:

Nice grab! Congrats. I usually see things like that a week after I buy all the stuff from a store

If you want I can make your day even better. I will give you $65 for all of it and you have already made $15 profit. :eek:
Good deal you got have fun with it, and make some quality bubbles because everyone love bubbles, you just have to get through all that liquid stuff to get to them.

LoL @ Firebrew

Well I figured it was a good deal sence the advance kits online with pretty much all that I got were $150 + not including the wart chiller and the 7gallon pot.

I'm so excited. I'm going to do an oatmeal stout on Friday and break these bad-boys in!

I'll try to remember to take some pics to share with you guys.

peace and thanks for the comments....even if Firebrew hates me :)

Oh absolutely a great score. Stainless steel pots are easily more expensive than that. In fact a good 5 gallon one is at least $50.

Sierra Vista??

Who was selling that? Welcome to the site by the way, if you need any help getting up and going, feel free to ask.

yeah Chimone was in the paper yesterday. I jumped on it. :) After going through all the boxes I got, I defineltly got a screaming deal. This person who sold it invested quite a bit of money into the hobbie. All I need to do is go up to Tucson and pick up another bottling bucket as this one is pretty worn. Other than that replace some of the tubing as it wasn't cleaned well after the last use.

Other than that everything else is perfect and I'll be off and running soon!

And to Chimone I have a good friend of mine actually his Dad is a HBer for about 8 years. He makes some of the best beers I have ever tasted. I'm going to turn him onto this site as well. I'm sure his knowledge would come in handy. I'm actually going over to his house on Friday to cook up some Oatmeal stout. I'll be sure to share with ya when its done!

Again thanks for the comments guys. :)

cheers,

LMFAO ROTF Bryson dude this is Heffe!!! LOL small world huh! I'll give you a call later .....LOL to funny :)

newguy said:
LMFAO ROTF Bryson dude this is Heffe!!! LOL small world huh! I'll give you a call later .....LOL to funny :)

heh, small world indeed. We'll shoot the sh*t this weekend at Meghans party. We doing a Kölsch Saturday and may do a Pale on Friday. Ill let you know.

Latest posts

Back