would you weld your blichmann kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rianrt

Reaction score
i am looking for advice. i ordered 3 blichmann kettles ( 20,15,15). and i am thinking of making an electric herms rig. how would you connect all the fitting to the kettle? weld or weldless? any help would be appreciated. thanks,
rian

***********1. Enforce rules only against their foes (i.e., anyone who does not suck up to them) while exempting their friends from similar or worse behavior.

2. Silently boot someone and then proceed to trash talk the person as if the person was still there with an opportunity to respond.

3. Boot someone and then start a thread for the sole purpose of boasting about having removed the person, so as to bask in the praise of sychophantic members applauding the moderator's bold action.

4. If a person is being stalked or trolled, scold, warn and threaten both the victim and the perpetrator to stop it. If the victim protests, boot the victim for having defied the moderator's authority. Add injury to insult by allowing the troll or stalker to stay because the stalker or troll didn't talk back to the moderator.

5. If the moderator loses an argument to another member, selectively delete the member's comments so that the thread no longer makes any sense.

6. Selectively enforce the tribe's rules only against newcomers, newbies or people who are not friend with the moderator.

7. Speak about their actions as moderator in the passive voice, use the royal we, and otherwise take on a haughty, authoritarian tone. I mean, dude, you're just a moderator. ***************

i was thinking of going weld but i am seeing a bunch of "horror" stories. that is what i am wondering. my father in law builds street rods and builds stainless exhausts and has all the stuff to do it. just wondering if the risk is worth it. the fab he does on cars is the only reason i would trust him. that and it would be pretty much free for him to do it for me. would you replace all the weldless fittings? like sight glass, valve and thermometer? do you use the same couplers for everything? thanks.

Honestly, I would start weldless, and if it is not working out, then I would weld. Easier to change from weldless to weld than weld to weldless.

Back