Would this work for a grain mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeflow488

Reaction score
Hey there, this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while, and I have a deep appreciation for this site - nearly all of my homebrew questions have been answered here! I've been wanting to get into all grain for a while (going to do a couple more extracts for more feel), so I've been getting an equipment list together - I want to home-make most of the stuff. My father showed me this old, old meat grinder (from my grandfather), and I was wondering if it would work well for a grain mill if it had an appropriate funnel to fit it (which I'd home make somehow).

ysvehh.jpg

nVwEAh.jpg

UFWjsh.jpg

UFWjsh.jpg

I haven't gotten into all grain yet, so I'm not sure of what is required of a grain mill (how small grains are to be crushed to, etc.).

Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. - What kind of beers are you enjoying with your dinner? I had some mead from Maine, some Troegs, as well as some homebrewed Oktoberfest Lager.

You will either give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome or have a terrible crush and poor efficiency. I'm not trying to ruin your buzz or put down your gramps, but give it a try like the post above says. Then start making sausage!

It looks almost the same as the Corona mill but the difference is the corona has plates designed to crush grain. It's probably not going to work but like the last guy said... Make some sausage!

I doubt it will work, just buy corona mill from eBay as I did you can get it for around 25$

Makes me shiver looking at that. I used to have to grind liver for my family and then the worst part was having to eat that crap. I'd Ebay it for $$ (old means more $$) and buy the right thing.

Back