Would this mini fridge fit 5 gal corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprichman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thinking about switching over to kegs but I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment and a full size fridge is not going to work in my place. I have seen people using mini fridges for kegerators - do you guys think this one would be big enough:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Haier-4.52-cu-ft-Refrigerator-Black/35033013

Product dimensions (WxLxH): 20.31 x 22.25 x 32.06 (in inches)

It has a half length freezer on the top so I am taking a guess that putting a tap through the top wouldn't be possible, but could I just run taps through the front door?

Certainly appreciate any help - kegging seems expensive but also WAY more convenient and consistent compared to bottling.

I think you would be better off if you could get a small 5 Cu Ft chest freezer.

Haier 5.0-cu ft Freezer

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 28.31 x 22.06 x 32.88

Free shipping if you pick it up at Walmart.

The small fridge might work, but there is going to be a lot of modifications that would need to be done to it (Bending down the freezer, modifications to the door so the corny kegs will fit). With that small chest freezer, it should hold 2 corny kegs and a 5# CO2 tank no problem. You can put a tower on the top, no cooling lines to worry about. Connect a temp control unit, set it at 38 degrees, and you are good to go.

Here is a video of what you will probably have to do to convert a mini fridge into a kegerator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back