Would this make a good keggle???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
keg1.jpg

There's no way you're boiling wort will stay in that once you cut the hole out. Many people have tried using those horizontal kegs for keggles, but they're just too messy. :D

Looks pretty perfect to me. Whats the concern? It's full 15.5G size right?

Any particular reason you felt the need to ask? Looks like a normal 1/2 bbl keg to me. Are you trying to get someone to tell you it's stolen and that you should return it to AB? ;)

the guy has 2 of these but says he thinks they are aluminum. I thought all kegs were steel? Just wanna make sure I'm getting the right thing.

Everyone together now.... It's not aluminum, it's stainless. Ugly, dirty, dented, scratched stainless steel. The same kind that everyone else is using, from the same source that everyone else used as well.
Think of it as beer community activism, You are personally making sure that 1 keg will never hold Bud Light again. If only we could save them all....

Chris

And do not ask about the legality of buying it from a guy instead of craigslist, you will not get an answer. It's up to you. *tries to stop the debate before it happens*
Buy it if it's a reasonable price. Buy both.

Deal done. Just wanted some conformation that I wasn't indeed buying kegs that wouldn't work although I was 95% sure that I was good. It always feels better to poll the audience. Thank you all for your quick responses, and I did indeed get them both.

"Think of it as beer community activism, You are personally making sure that 1 keg will never hold Bud Light again. If only we could save them all...." <----- And that was funny!

And do not ask about the legality of buying it from a guy instead of craigslist, you will not get an answer. It's up to you. *tries to stop the debate before it happens*
Buy it if it's a reasonable price. Buy both.

But it is as if you have already started the debate by bringing it up. And since you mentioned it...... ;)

Back