Worth it or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruint

Sipping on the big cup of life!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all! I recently acquired an upright freezer from a friend. It is a Kenmore model 20205 20 cu. ft. that has the cooling coils routed to the bottom of the shelves inside. First time I have seen that. I am considering turning it into a keezer, but would like to see if anyone here has attempted this with a similar style, and if so, any recommendations???

I have a freezer in the garage like that.
Can't even adjust the shelves. They're hard piped in place.

Sell it. Hope the buyer does not notice until they get it home. ;)

Some folks have had success bending shelves to lay flat-ish against the back wall, but obviously such a move isn't for the weak of resolve :)

Cheers!

might try the bending em flat approach. It was free, so if I eff it up, it doesn't hit me in the pocket!! I think maybe the upside of this is I won't have to worry much when drilling a hole for gas bulkhead or thermo-probe for the controller.

Well...I had the resolve to move them...I did not however have the skill to do it without hard kinking the line on the 3rd shelf needing to be moved. Pppppfffffffffffssssstststttttt. Damn it, that won't work now :confused::mad:

Back