Wort Wizard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidkrau

Reaction score
After reading the replies on the thread " Hop Stopper- Wort wizard I rushed out and bought a plastic aspirator designed for water bed filling for $4.75. I followed Dude's recipe to the letter for making a wort wizard. The whole project took about 20 Minutes. I also followed Dude's instructions with respect to corboy caps. It works perfectly.
I made a dry run (really a wet run) of sucking 5 gals water from a keggle through a Hop Stopper using a counter flow cooler.With water running full blast it tokk 6 minutes to suck the keggle dry.

My question is when you suck boiling wort through a CF cooler with the water running full blast I'll land up with wort about 60 F. I If Icut the flow of water way back I won't have enough of a suction to pull the wort out of the keggle. How do you handle this?

I don't think 60F would bother me too much...better than 80F, anyways. Especially if you can get your starter around the same temp, you can just pitch it and let the fermentor warm up to your primary fermentation temperature. It seems like you would drastically reduce, if not eliminate, the threat of unwanted ester formation due to elevated fermenation temps.

I'd kill for 60 degrees.
Really, don't worry about that, the yeast can handle the temp change, and just the process of fermentation will bring the temp up significantly.

Could someone let me know the specs on making a home made wort wizard. I just love inventing things and I think this wouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Thanks in advance.

TD

Latest posts

Back