wort through airlock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslatts

Reaction score
I came home today to find that my wort had come up through the airlock and some had blown through the top of the lid. It's been about 27 hours just for reference....I cleaned the lid and the airlock and put them back on and it's bubbling away so I'm assuming it's fine but if someone could ease my nerves that would be fantastic.

Sounds ok to me! If it keeps up, you may want to try a blow off tube until it settles down. (we have a thread from today about this- you could try searching blow off tube if you'd like more info on it).

Sometimes that happens and the beer seems perfectly fine!

Cmon guys. Don't screw with the new guy.

mslatts: Your beer is likely spoiled and potentially deadly. Send the entire batch to me and I'll analyze it for you and let you know my findings.

pldoolittle said:
Cmon guys. Don't screw with the new guy.

mslatts: Your beer is likely spoiled and potentially deadly. Send the entire batch to me and I'll analyze it for you and let you know my findings.

This is true, and a second opinion is always required. Send half to me.

Back