wort chiller + delta faucet advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bferullo

Reaction score
You could alway put you a tee and shut-off under the sink with a quick disconnect. I just put one in for a friend because his wife wanted to be able to use the sink at the same time. Might be a good idea for you as well, since you would be able to wash brew items while chilling. Super easy to do.

thanks. I am a so-so do it yourselfer. I do have a friend that owns a hardware store, who is my go-to guy. Could you give me a little more details as to what you mean with this setup

Thanks

I'm not sure about your faucet, but most have a little screen fitting over the end that screws on and off. There are adapters available that allow you to hook up a garden hose. Unsrew the screen piece, screw on the adapter and you are in business

I have a similar faucet and it took me about 10 trips to Home Depot to find the right adapter. I found it in the garden hose section, a simple brass reducer, I think it was a 1/4" male to 3/4" male adapter (not exactly sure since I am at work). On my delta faucet I can unscew the hand sprayer at the base of it with some channel lock pliers. Then I connect the adapter to the metal hose that was left and then hook up my chiller through the 3/4" garden hose connection. I think you can do this with yours as well.

I could not use an adapter in the sprayer/tap because the inset is too deep.

We redid my kitchen and my wife picked out the following faucet.

(pulled from lowe's site)
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=297251-72981-16997-RBSD-DST&lpage=none
Delta
Venetian Bronze Kitchen Faucet with Pull-Out Spray
Item #: 297251 Model: 16997-RBSD-DST

Does anyone know of an adapter or a way to hook up for this model that would work to be able to attach a wort chiller. I only brew in my kitchen these days due to limited space.

You plumbing comes through the base cabinet. Shut off water supply, remove your current shut off, add a tee, reinstall current shut off and add one to the other side. I installed a 1/2" ball valve so he had full flow to his chiller and could control the flow he wanted. Not seeing your plumbing, I can't say for sure what you need. Simple and basic really. Take a picture of it and take it to your go to guy, he will set you up with what you need. Less than $20 in parts and an hour more or less. Good Luck if this is the route you choose.

Go to the hardware store - get a slip-on "pet shampoo" sprayer. Cut off the spray head & use the slip-on end to connect to your faucet. Simple, easy, cheap.

Looks like this :

pet shampoo.jpg

When we redid our kitchen I could not believe what they were getting for faucets. We ended up with a $600 one. One day my wife came in the kitchen and saw me trying to detach the diffuser on the faucet to connect a wort chiller. We had a civil discussion about this and compromised on the solution. I now connect the chiller to the outdoor hose. ;)

Back