World's 'oldest beer' found in shipwreck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well looks like someone beat me to it by 1 minute.. guess we were thinking the same thing at the same time.. That's why I like this forum

@moderator... feel free to remove my thread.. cant figure out how to delete it :)

A lot of new members on here don't realize that a lot of us beer geeks get emails and tweets, press releases, and other things directly from the breweries, brewers and even industry trades, and that by the time it makes it to the more public news agencies (the "mainstream media") more than likely it's been 2-3 days since the more industry related news already released it (that's how the mainstream media got word of it anyway, from the same sources we did) AND more than likely it was posted on this forum, the very day the word came out.

More than likely the site they posted, got the same press release the first poster of this info on here did.

That's the nature of this place, we're like the uber site for beer geeks if we're not making the news we're breaking the news.

This isn't the first time it happens...this week, anytime beer is in the mainstream press, we get a ton of threads. The release of Bud American Ale was like a blizzard on here.

Yeh revvy.. I see that.. Guess we all should be working instead of reading beer stories and posting on the forum :)

It's Friday, heck even the reporters aren't working, that's why they are all covering this story, and tweeting it and everything else.
:)

I'm just really surprised deep fried beer didn't net that many threads.

It's Friday, heck even the reporters aren't working, that's why they are all covering this story, and tweeting it and everything else.

Yup.. I am about to bail from the office.. go home.. have a home brew.. then off to the Cleveland Octoberfest :)

Have a good weekend..

You research skills are lacking. :D
I wouldn't say lacking.. just a little naive to think I was the first to have read the story and blindly post it here without looking to see if someone else had done so.. I should have known that little green beer jedi was all over it :)

I wouldn't say lacking.. just a little naive to think I was the first to have read the story and blindly post it here without looking to see if someone else had done so.. I should have known that little green beer jedi was all over it :)

I just picked that word because you used it. :D :mug:

Just wait until I perfect BBQ Beer. If I can only figure out how to keep from putting the coals out....

Back