World Junior Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
The final game between Canada and Sweden is on in 20 minutes. If we win it will be our 5th straight gold medal. I took yesterday afternoon off to watch the Canada - US game (got a little druck) and now I'm abandoning the new 1/2 bath construction to watch this afternoon.

Some things are a little more important to a patriotic Canadian than work all the time!

Go Canada!!!!

:tank:

Gold!

What a game. 3 - 2 in overtime. The Swedes put up a hell of a fight and are an excellent team. Oh, and I misspoke when I said it would be the 5th straight gold. It is only the fourth.

From looking at the arena seats, the game could have been taking place in any city in Canada. The stands were full of Canadian flags and superfans in full regalia. There was even a flag that weighed 46 pounds and had to be stuffed in a suitcase to get there. Seems someone mentioned that there would be a really good hockey series in Czechoslovakia so a whole sh!tload of Canucks packed their bags and headed on over.

I wonder if they ran out of Pilsner? I remember a few years back that the series was in North Dakota and the arena filled up with Canadians there too. Apparently we drink a lot more beer than they're used to so we drank the arena dry.

Hockey and beer. Ya gotta love it.

Victory is ours!

:tank: :tank: :tank:
Yeah!!! Canada Rocks!!! (in hockey)

The last goal was kind of questionable tough. The canadian player fell on the goalkeeper so, he was not able to stop the puck. But, hey... We'll take it like that!!!

I think I'll drink to that tonight!:mug:

Chears to all canadien hockeyers!

Snakebone said:
Too bad no one gives a crap about hockey.

That's an interesting observation to post in a thread celebrating hockey. Especially so when you consider that most of us here are male and therefore have a high probability of hosting a considerable body of hockey fans. Hell, even one of our highly respected female members, Yooperchick, is an avid hockey fan.

You a tiddleywinks fan, Boner?

No one gives a crap about hockey that why the Buffalo Sabres sold out an entire NFL stadium and half of an NHL arena for a single hockey game.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
No one gives a crap about hockey that why the Buffalo Sabres sold out an entire NFL stadium and half of an NHL arena for a single hockey game.

That was awesome, BSB. I'm sorry I missed that game. I've never seen an NHL outdoor game before. I heard there were 70,000 people there.

Snakebone said:
Too bad no one gives a crap about hockey.

That's funny! I'm reading this thread but I've never opened any of the other sports threads. I actually like a good hockey game and it's about the only sport I'll watch.

It was pretty amazing. We scored some free club tickets and got a vist form the commissioner.(was not thrilled with that). Pic before the game.

Ive been meaning to start a thread about the game but havent got around to it.

That must have been weird, all those people in one place not giving a crap about anything. Why, you're so complacent you even painted your face in team colors just for something to do! :D

Fingers said:
That must have been weird, all those people in one place not giving a crap about anything. Why, you're so complacent you even painted your face in team colors just for something to do! :D

Ya I think basiclly 70K peolple had nothing better to do.
You know your found the right girl when she yell down at the ref through the glass that was ****ing off sides!!! Love

Back