World class EFF up with the best possible ingredient.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
As a VETERAN EXPERT BREWER (my own made-up term) I want to share a universally good ingredient.

SO....3 weeks ago, I brewed a pretty straightforward wheat beer and a straightforward, but seasonal porter.

The seasonal, after 1 week, was to get a healthy dose of dark roasted pumpkin seeds.

Week one goes by with GOOD chilling, slow fermentation, "all is well" reports.

I open the stout bucket (I was pretty sure) and looked in. Still a HEALTHY full krausen covering nice dark beer below.

IN go my fresh from the oven, nearly black (but not quite) pumpkin seeds.

SEAL it up!

Ahhh......now sitting here happy as can be!

The porter is perfectly carbd, and surprisingly good! But that isn't the good news.

The really good news is how DELICIOUS this roast pumpkin seed wheat is!

;)

Yeah, when I first had an inkling, I thought "That will be the blandest porter, and the wierdest wheat on the planet"

Turns out I was due for a straightforward porter, and the wheat showcases the roast seeds AMAZINGLY. It smells like roast pumpkin seeds.

It could easily have gone worse. My point was that even longtime brewers make mistakes ;)

Back