World Beer Fest Raleigh, NC 4/26/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking at this the other day and was thinking of flying out for it. Maybe fly in on Saturday morning, hit the evening session, then do some sight seeing on Sunday (I've never been anywhere out east before), then fly out sometime on Monday. Anybody else thinking of going to the evening session?

olllllo said:
Dude said he'd cover me. So now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that everything else will fall into place.

Cool. We couldn't meet when you were 15 minutes from my house, but maybe being 8 hours from my house will be more successful!

Should make for an interesting night with Widespread Panic at Walnut Creek Amphitheater Saturday night.

:rockin:

The Baron will be flying AFAIK. Might be able to con BeeGeette into giving the South Wake chapter of GRABASS a lift. Shoehorning Walker and Dude into the back of the VUE was cool in a strictly platonic sort of way.

Dude, DO NOT let me forget to burn you some Shad-Rapp cd's.

How fast do tickets to this tend sell out?

I'd love to go ahead and grab a few ASAP when they go on sale, but I'm still waiting on the go-ahead from a few more people who'd be driving up from Charleston with me.

Are extra tickets fairly easy to dump at-cost on CL, just in case?

They usually sell out pretty quick, but there is never a problem selling them. I had to sell mine last year and within 10 minutes of posting the CL ad, I had 10 phone calls.

Evening session is already sold out.

I went ahead and picked up a block of tickets to the afternoon session. I guess it won't be a problem recouping expenses for anyone in my party that backs out.

Frink, did you run into any trouble selling your tickets? There's a lot of "non-transferable" speak in my confirmation email, but I don't see why it would be a problem just forwarding unused e-tickets to someone else.

Edit-
3:05 and both sessions are sold out. Y'all weren't kidding about tickets going fast!

Not looking good for me. SWMBO's bridal shower is scheduled for that weekend. She's seeing if she can get it rescheduled, but I'm not holding my breath :mad:

Soulive said:
Not looking good for me. SWMBO's bridal shower is scheduled for that weekend. She's seeing if she can get it rescheduled, but I'm not holding my breath :mad:

You don't need to be there for that do you?

The beer fest could be your Bachelor Party! :D

Beerthoven said:
You don't need to be there for that do you?

The beer fest could be your Bachelor Party! :D

I wish man, but I can't leave SWMBO to lug all those gifts back to our house by herself. My "bachelor party" is going to be a pub crawl through Manhattan. I'm sure we'll get down to NC at some point or another! :mug:

capntang said:

I went ahead and picked up a block of tickets to the afternoon session. I guess it won't be a problem recouping expenses for anyone in my party that backs out.

Frink, did you run into any trouble selling your tickets? There's a lot of "non-transferable" speak in my confirmation email, but I don't see why it would be a problem just forwarding unused e-tickets to someone else.

Edit-
3:05 and both sessions are sold out. Y'all weren't kidding about tickets going fast!

There really is no problem selling the tickets. I sold the print out version of the tickets last year no problem. They don't care who bought the tix, they scan them and can only be scanned once.

Got mine today at McGregor Ale House. Folks in town might have better luck buying at one of the outlets rather than online.

Chad

capntang said:

Edit-

Is that just the on-line ones that are sold out? I remember from doing the Durham one before that on-line sales went really fast, but the stores that have them (we got ours from Whole Foods) still had plenty for awhile, though they eventually sold out as well.

9/9 said:
Is that just the on-line ones that are sold out? I remember from doing the Durham one before that on-line sales went really fast, but the stores that have them (we got ours from Whole Foods) still had plenty for awhile, though they eventually sold out as well.

My thought exactly. I'd be willing to bet that the physical locations will have tickets for a couple of days at least.

DOWNTOWN RALEIGH
Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, 328 W Morgan St.

NC STATE AREA
Village Draft House, 428 Daniels St.

CAPITAL BLVD AREA
American Brewmaster, 3021-5 Stoneybrook Dr.

NORTH RALEIGH
Sawmill Tap Room, 7701 Lead Mine Rd.
Falls Tap Room, 5009 Falls of the Neuse

CARY
Harrison's Bar & Grill, 301-C N. Harrison Ave.
MacGregor Draft House, 107 Edinburgh South Dr.

HOLLY SPRINGS
Bass Lake Draft House, 124 Bass Lake Rd.

DURHAM
Sam's Quik Shop, 1605 Erwin Rd.

WINSTON-SALEM
Foothills Brewing, 638 W. Fourth St.

olllllo said:
I hope the Duder comes through with tickets for me!

I've been out of town for the past 2 days--so I just now saw this. I did not get tickets--I didn't even know they were on sale.

I'm out for the fest anyway because of work.

Dude said:
I've been out of town for the past 2 days--so I just now saw this. I did not get tickets--I didn't even know they were on sale.

I'm out for the fest anyway because of work.
Damn, man, that sucks. Won't be the same without you.

olllllo, do you still need tickets? It's sold out online, but I can check at some brick & mortars tomorrow.

American Brewmaster still has tickets. Got this email from them last night.
Greetings!

As many of you know, WBF is April 26th in downtown Raleigh's Moore
Square.
http://www.allaboutbeer.com/wbfraleigh/
Tickets sold out online in about 4 hours.

We still have a few hundred tickets to each session.
Tickets are first come first serve, and we are not able to take
orders online, on the phone, hold, save or mail any tickets.

Come on down to the shop, see what's new and pick up your tickets
while their hot.

Wear your American Brewmaster T-shirt to the festival and come see us
at our booth for a discount coupon off your next batch of beer or
wine. Don't have a T-shirt ? Pick one up when you come for tickets!

We'll see you soon.

Thanks

Mark

Chad

Yes Frink.
Pick me up a pair.

I haven't been following which session everyone is going to.
I'm asssuming 12-4.

Dude. That sucks.
We'll figure something out later this year.

olllllo said:
Yes Frink.
Pick me up a pair.

I haven't been following which session everyone is going to.
I'm asssuming 12-4.

Dude. That sucks.
We'll figure something out later this year.

No problem. I'm going to call them today, if it looks like they might be out on Sunday, I'll head out there tomorrow.

I just called American Brewmaster, they're expecting to run out sometime this afternoon, so if any of you local Raleigh boys work near any of the places that are still selling them, maybe you can pick up a couple for olllllo? Unfortunately, they don't sell them anywhere in Chapel Hill:(

I gotta work that day, but the mention of an afterparty is quite apealing... I need to make some new friends, and what better friends to have than ones who love beer.

I just picked up the last 4 afternoon tickets at American Brewmaster - right place, right time. Thought they were sold out everywhere and I was a little bummed, so figured I go pick up what I need to brew tomorrow. Glad I did!

Dude said:
What did you do to your old friends?

Left them in Buffalo, NY.

And did anyone try calling Rix at the Durham Brewmaster Store to see if he had any tickets? Just a thought.

The Days Inn still has rooms. It's the closest (cheapest) one I could find.

The Sheraton was booked before the online tickets sold out, I think.

capntang said:
The Days Inn still has rooms. It's the closest (cheapest) one I could find.

The Sheraton was booked before the online tickets sold out, I think.

Much appreciated...

Nate said:
Much appreciated...

No problem!

Their AAA rates were just as cheap as the pay-in-advance rates as well, and all of their rates were cheaper than the group rate at the Sheraton. I tend to go for the cheapest decent hotel possible. You only sleep there after all, and somehow I think it's likely I won't even remember sleeping there after the Beerfest! :D

Back