working on a belgian pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
well I dont have the ingredients I would really like to use so some of this I have to use because I have it on hand but any thoughts you have are appreciated.

12gallons

20 lbs 2row pale malt
1 lb caramunich 60
1 lb vienna
1 lb sugar

1 oz nugget 45 min 13.9 aa
1 oz fuggles 20 min 4.6 aa
1 oz fuggles 5 min
1 oz fuggles 0 min

1/2 pitching wlp 530
1/2 wlp 500

well I dont have the ingredients I would really like to use so some of this I have to use because I have it on hand but any thoughts you have are appreciated.

12gallons

20 lbs 2row pale malt
1 lb caramunich 60
1 lb vienna
1 lb sugar

1 oz nugget 45 min 13.9 aa
1 oz fuggles 20 min 4.6 aa
1 oz fuggles 5 min
1 oz fuggles 0 min

1/2 pitching wlp 530
1/2 wlp 500

I made a BPA yesterday.Your grain bill looks good. You gunning for about 1.054? In that neighborhood? This is a fairly simple bill that should produce a mildly sweet malt presence. But really you should be able to control FG and dryness without the sugar. If you want it dry mash it lower.

No Stryian goldings or Saaz lying around?

What temp profile do you plan to use for the ferment.

Mine I am running at 71 for a couple days then I'll drop it back to 66 for the remainder.

I have some styrian goldings but I left them in a ziplock bag in the freezer and they are about 6 mo old. Im kicking my self in the ass right now.

Im going to be brewing outdoors and Im guessing it will be around 30 degrees with maybe a little wind chill. so Im going to heat the mtl directly to have a little more control of the mash temp. my plan for the mash schedule is to heat the strike water 164 to rest at 148 for 15 min slowly raise the temp up to 155 for 45 min. the sugar is just to make sure it is a little dry if I over heat the mash and denature my enzymes.

Back