Word crimes!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know some of you enjoy "proofreading" other people's posts for spelling and grammar errors. So I give to you today, the second of Weird Al's 8 daily offerings from his new album (Out TODAY!)

I think you should be able to spot the parody's original song...

<object width="575" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://videoplayer.vevo.com/embed/Embedded?videoId=USRV81400343&playlist=false&autoplay=0&playerId=null&playerType=embedded&env=0&cultureName=en_us&cultureIsRTL=False"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://videoplayer.vevo.com/embed/Embedded?videoId=USRV81400343&playlist=false&autoplay=0&playerId=null&playerType=embedded&env=0&cultureName=en_us&cultureIsRTL=False" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="575" height="324" bgcolor="#000000" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

He will be releasing a new music video each day for 8 days, starting yesterday (Parody of Pharrell's "Happy", entitled "Tacky".) Can't wait to see what kind of original songs he's got on this album!

I loved both of these. Weird Al might just be my favorite musician ever.

So much so, I can't stand both Eminem and Prince for being jerks to him.

I loved both of these. Weird Al might just be my favorite musician ever.

So much so, I can't stand both Eminem and Prince for being jerks to him.

Eh. I still like Eminem. If there was a problem with Al's parody of 8 Mile, I haven't heard of it.

Prince is another story. I still like prince's old music, but he is lame for not letting Al do parodies of his music. And like a gentleman, Al never has, even though he could legally do so.

Like Al said to TMZ the other day about Prince: There are plenty of other artists WITH a sense of humor he can pick from.

Had planned on picking this album up at the store, but due to drivers training practice and making dinner, et al. I did not make it to the store. I HAVE to have the full album for my collection. I could download it, but Weird Al told me not to a few albums back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday's "Handy" was pretty good.

Picked up the album. Not bad. So far not my favorite, but they usually grow on me a bit. I am not a fan of the songs where he is just kind of saying the lyrics instead of really creating a cool melody to sing. Luckily they are kind of few and far between.

I like the sports song. The kids and I enjoy singing:

"We're great!"
"You SUCK!"

I can see part of this being played at Ferris Hockey Games.

8 videos 8 days was pretty entertaining. I must say the album doesn't disappoint. I'm a huge fan and rarely dislike any of Al's songs. They almost always have some redeeming quality.

Al is poised to grab the #1 album position coming in tight with Jason Mraz's album (hell if I know what it's called, I barely know who Jason Mraz is!) His 8 videos in 8 days was a great idea, and even better was his $5.99 sale price on Amazon. It was announced about the time he would have noticed he had a chance at #1.

Imagine a #1 album for ANYONE 30 years after they started in the business. Imagine it happening to a COMEDY artist, who's main claim to fame is rewriting other people's songs (Although, if you really know him you know that his parodies are more satirical in nature and his ORIGINAL music, though usually styled after a musical style or artist's signature sound, is actually as good or better (IMO) than his parodies.)

It's unfathomable, and yet tomorrow, Wednesday, it could happen. And to think that only a few albums back I was concerned that he might eventually run out of steam and stop making albums. It might have felt akin to the end of Christmas.

Back