Woot! Tasting day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been a week, so I decided to pop my first bottle from my first batch (pilsner from a True Brew kit). Got a proper "Fsst!" when I cracked the cap, which was encouraging. Nice golden color, nice and clear, and....hollow. Great mouth feel, but not much flavor, and a little bitey aftertaste. I'm sure both of these will improve with age, but it was a rush just the same! Eager to see what it's like next week.

Congrats... I'm nearly 60 in, but remember the feeling of that first bottle. You are required by law to open an early one on that first batch, me thinks, but if you give it a couple weeks, things will come together for you.

I like to recommend this video on time in the bottle...

Post progress...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the feeling... My first batch has been bottled for about 5 weeks now and still have some cidery flavors from noob mistakes (fermenting hot, and too many adjuncts). The difference between now and 3 weeks ago is drastically different. If I would have known it would improve this much I would have saved more. I think it is smart for the new brewer to try one "surveillance" beer a week and in a few weeks time you will have a great understanding and appreciation of letting the beer condition. Welcome to the obsession! Make sure that primary stays full until you have a full enough pipeline to exercise patience!

Back