Woot-off today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man. Pentium 4, 512MB RAM and Vista. I am surprised that thing even turns on.

Nice price though if you have a copy of XP or Linux laying around.

It moves down stairs a bit too quickly to vacuum up any dirt :)

it's up now! figures, they wait until a wootoff to sell them.. jerks.

i'm still debating whether or not to get one for the wife for xmas.... and not only for me to hack into and mess around with it.

WTF?!

I hit refresh 3 times and each time something different came up! Holy Crap!

i thought this was a thread about someone being excited that they took the day off of work today.

what the hell is this about? i don't get it!?!?!?
i clicked on the link, and i still don't get it.

i thought this was a thread about someone being excited that they took the day off of work today.

what the hell is this about? i don't get it!?!?!?
i clicked on the link, and i still don't get it.

woot dot com typically sells one item a day at a super low cost... some days there are great deals from that site and you can pick up just about anything for really cheap... the only kicker is they only sell one item a day, once the item is sold out you have to wait until the following day to see what's being offered...

occasionally they offer a "woot off" where they sell a limited amount of items for dirt cheap and when that particular item is sold out, they move on to the next product and continue...

i was able to pick up 2 bluetooth headsets for $20, a Garmin GPS for well under cost, a projector for my parents to use in their "home theater"... there is a ton of deals, you just have to find the right day

i bought a few xmas gifts off of woot b/c of the low price..

What is Woot? (from their site)

A lot of things on there are refurbished. They lay it all out in print though so you know what you're buying. Shipping is super cheap! $5 on anything!

hmmm. cool. is it black market stuff? or like refurbished, do they offer warranties on the stuff, or is shipping crazy?

not black market, but some items are new, some are refurbs...

if you have issues (woot suggests) you would dispute it with the manufacturer, return to them and most likely get a new product back, or a fixed one. Woot will take returns, but you have better luck selling it on ebay (if you just don't like the product) or returning it to the manufacturer for one that works (if it's broke).

woot has done me well and I've never had any issues with them...

more answers are on that link I posted.

Those people over at Woot are certainly a bunch of wise-acres.

Product description for a printer:

Rachel flung the cellphone across her bedroom. She was inconsolable. The thunderstorm outside seemed to spring from deep inside her. 20 minutes on the phone, with her dropping hints all over the place, and Jerry never once mentioned the occasion. How could he forget that it had been a year today since they’d first kissed? She’d never forget anything about that enchanted moment in the office copy room, the fateful kiss that turned them from co-workers into lovers. So how could he forget it all?

Through her sobs and the pounding of the rain, she thought she heard a faint whirring, or buzzing, or clicking sound. Now she was sure. And then she heard her name: “Rachel! Raaa-chel!” She stopped crying and threw open the window. There was Jerry, down in the yard below her window, holding aloft the HP Officejet Pro L7680 Color All-in-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, & Copier, totally oblivious to the rain pelting him and running off of the HP Officejet Pro L7680 in great rivulets.

“Rachel! I didn’t forget! I brought you this HP Officejet Pro L7680 Color All-in-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, & Copier, just like the one we kissed over!”

“Oh, Jerry!” Her heart leapt. And not just because the HP Officejet Pro L7680 offers high-grade color and b&w printing, hi-res scanning, up to 125 stored faxes, and full copying features including reduction and enlargement, all in one compact unit.

“Right now I’m scanning the first love letter you ever sent to me, so I can -” A bright blue spark and a loud BZZZZT cut him off. Jerry wavered and fell, the HP Officejet Pro L7680 tumbling from his grasp, falling to the mud, and breaking into pieces with an ugly crunch. The rain had electrocuted him. He’d ignored every warning, every bit of common sense, to deliver this message of love and convenience. As Rachel dashed downstairs to help him, her terror was tinged with a bittersweet joy: if anything serious had happened to Jerry, at least she’d know he hadn’t forgotten.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
They just did the Bag of Crap and I missed it. Got to the order screen and it took several minutes to submit the order, then came back that it was sold out. My record stands at only one successful BoC purchase.
Next time crap...Neeeeeeexxxxxxt tiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
They just did the Bag of Crap and I missed it. Got to the order screen and it took several minutes to submit the order, then came back that it was sold out. My record stands at only one successful BoC purchase.
Next time crap...Neeeeeeexxxxxxt tiiiiiiiiiiiiime!
Whajja git? Never been fast enough.

BTW, 1st Wooting was a few years ago. Roomba. Love it. Supposed to save you time by it doing all the work. BS! I waste the whole time watching it! "Mmmmm, must watch........... Ooo, look, something shiny!"
jump.gif

Whajja git? Never been fast enough.

The one time I successfully purchased a BoC I got a book, a crappy PC microphone and a VHS/DVD recorder. The bag they sent with it was a nice camera bag, well worth the price on its own.

Back