Woodstock Inn Station & Brewery (NH) - anyone been there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, fifth anniversary is coming up soon, and we'll be unable to spend it at the romantic Cincinnati homebrew conference, so I'm looking at alternate plans...

From a banner ad on HBT's home page... anyone familiar with the Woodstock Inn Station & Brewery, up in NH?

Brewer's Weekend
Winter & Spring
SH $199 T $229 CL $262 G $282-302
brewers_weekend.gif

Summer: August 22-23, 2008

SH $203 T $249 CL $282 G $302-322

Join the Woodstock Inn Brewery for an instructive, hands-on weekend learning and perfecting the craft of brewing fine quality beers. Assist our expert brewers and receive first-hand instruction on the time-honored art of creating handcrafted ales with our seven-barrel brewing system. For guests with other interests, the beautiful White Mountains region features plenty of outdoor recreation and the very best of tax-free shopping options.
  • 2 nights lodging
  • Breakfast each morning
  • Friday night Brewers reception, 9pm
  • Lunch on Saturday
  • Brewers dinner on Saturday evening
  • A commemorative brewery T-shirt or hat
This is a hands-on or a sit and watch weekend. Your choice!

All rates per person, based on double occupancy.

IMPORTANTLY - it looks like there's some connection with a spa locally, so it LOOKS like I could hang out with some pro brewers all day, she could get pampered, and we'd spend the evenings together getting wicked pissed at the bar.

Anyone know this place? Anyone been there? Anyone heard anything? She's given her tenative "that sounds really cool, but why don't you ask the guys if anyone's been there?"

EDIT: I need to ****ing search.... consider this a de-facto bump!

swmbo and I had lunch there not too long ago. Not bad. We didn't stay though. I thought it was a little pricey. But, it is in a touristy (is that a word) area. I remember they had a very nice brown ale. The food was decent. We stayed at Moat Mountain another NH brew pub on the other side of the Kangamangus. (sorry for any mis-spelling) well buzzed. Ok there too. Nothing special. Congrats on 5 years almost.

:mug:

Yes I live 20 mins from there. Its a great place and they have great beer. The Pigs Ear is the brown ale and it is one of my favorites. I go there quite a bit for work, social, political and drinking functions, the food is damn good. I wanted to do the brewers weekend but its not really worth it for me since I am so close.

I see bigjohn mentioned the Moat, thats about an hour from Woodstock over the Kanc, not a road for night driving! That is my favorite place, in fact I like it so much I am having my wedding rehersal dinner there. To me they have some of the best beer. Blueberry ale is SWMBO's drink o'choice. I tend to go for the brown or when they make it the Belgian.

Have fun!

If you're up there, try Tuckerman Brewing Co...I LOVE their pale ale

I've spent more than a few weekends up in that area and have spent 2 weekends up at the inn itself. The rooms are top notch, tastefully decorated, and some have small hot tubs. Its really a perfect romantic getaway IMHO. The scenery at this time of year is beautiful. I don't know how the brewers weekend works but the normal stay packages included a free breakfast...and not the continental kind, but your choice of any entree from the breakfast menu which I must say is quite extensive! I'd go back just for breakfast some day. When we stayed, our room was in another building across the street from the restaurant and I don't know if there are rooms above the restaurant itself. We didn't mind the tiny walk though.

I love the woodstock beers. Everyone raves about the Pigs Ear Brown and rightfully so. I prefer the Wassail which is a maple flavored wheat and quite drinkable in mass quantity. I easily demolished an entire growler of that while sitting in my hot tub in the room. You really cant go wrong with their beers. The Red Rack, Pemi Pale, and Loon Golden are also superb.

If you crave something else, there is another bar in the downtown, a few buildings down, that has some good beers on draft and in the bottle. I recall being able to get Redhook there but can't remember what else they had.

Its really the perfect location for any outdoor activity. You would be a stones throw from kayaking, hiking, rafting, and some tourist attractions.

Hope this helps.

Happy almost Anniversary! I really like Woodstock beer. Staying there for a weekend would be a really neat thing to do!

If you can do the brewers weekend I've heard its a lot of fun. One of my brew mates goes up there 4-5 times a year to just hang out with the brewers. He usually fills his car with beer before he leaves...

I was drinking the Loon and the Weasel Wheat all weekend...

Back