Wood working Tools + Alcohol...not so good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, I have drank at least a case tonight, and all this while I am staring at my wood working tools...dont do it....dont touch them until you are sober...LOL I mean hell, they are only 220v tools, what can happen??

I can see why Kegging could be dangerous, more to drink in a night..LOL

a...case?!
burp.gif

With that, even the TV remote might be dangerous!

My wife and I were staying in our coast house for a week while I was installing a new "used' kitchen. I had all the base cabinets installed, benchtops done etc etc and only the wall mounted upper cabinets needed to still be installed.

It was "Dark Month" here in Aus (do they do this in USA as well) and the gist of the promotion is that if you drink 8 pints of Guinness, you get a free t-shirt. I don't think they expect you to do this all in one sitting, but I of course drank 8 pints in about 3 hours.

Being the generous person that I am, I decided that I really should get shirt for SWMBO as well... I didn't quite make it, but I did finish 11 pints, then walked home.

Cue 1:30am, I am standing on the benchtop, screwing the cabinets to the wall....

Moving on to 9:30am, SWMBO wakes me up and drags me out into the kitchen, where I see a cabinet hanging at about a 10 degree angle, with the left door hanging open because gravity was not letting it stay closed.

I will never hear the end of it.

Silviakitty said:
11...pints...of guinness. I love guinness, but I'd have fallen over after half that. :)

Oh, I am pretty sure I did that on the way home. I forgot that part of the story. My white Tshirt, one leg of my denim shorts and my left arm were all grass stained, so I must have fallen down at least once on the way home.

Rhoobarb said:
:off: No, they don't! Tell us more!!!:D :ban:

That's pretty much all there is to it.... You get a little punch card and every time you order a Pint, they stamp it or punch it and when you have 8 punches, you trade it in for a black Guinness Tshirt.

PeteOz77 said:
My wife and I were staying in our coast house for a week while I was installing a new "used' kitchen. I had all the base cabinets installed, benchtops done etc etc and only the wall mounted upper cabinets needed to still be installed.

It was "Dark Month" here in Aus (do they do this in USA as well) and the gist of the promotion is that if you drink 8 pints of Guinness, you get a free t-shirt. I don't think they expect you to do this all in one sitting, but I of course drank 8 pints in about 3 hours.

Being the generous person that I am, I decided that I really should get shirt for SWMBO as well... I didn't quite make it, but I did finish 11 pints, then walked home.

Cue 1:30am, I am standing on the benchtop, screwing the cabinets to the wall....

Moving on to 9:30am, SWMBO wakes me up and drags me out into the kitchen, where I see a cabinet hanging at about a 10 degree angle, with the left door hanging open because gravity was not letting it stay closed.

Now THAT'S funny. Don't care who y'are!
lmao.gif

PeteOz77 said:

That would be awesome if they did but you know here in the US the lawyers would get ahold of this and start suing the company for all it's worth if someone got in a wreck on the way home from the bar. That's why pizza companies can't do the "X minutes delivered or it's free" thing any more.

Neomich said:
That's why pizza companies can't do the "X minutes delivered or it's free" thing any more.

You're right! They don't do that anymore! I never noticed that they axed it!

Man. Dark month sounds flippin' sweet. I could get a couple shirts. How many pints in a regulation pitcher? Because I can drink a couple pitchers of Guinness over the course of an hour, mebbe two, and still walk straight and drive straight. Not that I would drive. Ahem. (As far as a case is concerned, my football buddy and I have successfully polished off a 30pk of High Life in 5 hours of college games before.)
Edit: 64 oz to a pitcher, 4 pints. 2 pitcher = 8 pint. So I think you and I could probably drink neck-and-neck, Pete.

Sorry to hear about your cabinets. Sounds like something I'd do too. Too bad SWMBO won't give you a break on it.

PeteOz77 said:
chriso said:
Sorry to hear about your cabinets. Sounds like something I'd do too. Too bad SWMBO won't give you a break on it.

I don't think it's too bad at all the SWMBO won't give you a break on it. I think you deserve to suffer forever for your drunken misdeed! :D

chriso said:
You're right! They don't do that anymore! I never noticed that they axed it!

Man. Dark month sounds flippin' sweet. I could get a couple shirts. How many pints in a regulation pitcher? Because I can drink a couple pitchers of Guinness over the course of an hour, mebbe two, and still walk straight and drive straight. Not that I would drive. Ahem. (As far as a case is concerned, my football buddy and I have successfully polished off a 30pk of High Life in 5 hours of college games before.)
Edit: 64 oz to a pitcher, 4 pints. 2 pitcher = 8 pint. So I think you and I could probably drink neck-and-neck, Pete.

Mmm, drinking neck and neck.. sounds like a challenge ;)

One of my mates and I drink 2 cases of "Hauenstien" from 4pm until 10:30pm when we were going to college. I distinctly remember him crawling onto my beg, and saying "this is the last one! DRINK!!! as he poured in into my mouth/onto my face. and YES it was a beer!:drunk:

OH
1 BTW I am in NO way condoning the irresponsible consumption of alcohol, just reminiscing...

SWMBO gives me a break, she just loves to bring it up to take the piss out of me (give me a hard time) She wasn't mad, she just loves it when I do something stupid so she can get some mileage out of it ;)

Nurmey said:
I don't think it's too bad at all the SWMBO won't give you a break on it. I think you deserve to suffer forever for your drunken misdeed! :D

If this had been in my house, it all would have been okay if you gave me the t-shirt. Otherwise, I'd pout.

:mad:

Your pint isn't a pint?! :D

OK. 1.25 gal, 5 l, that's a heckuva run. I could probably do it. After all 2 pitchers of Guinness here is right at a gallon, so I just have to squeeze another 2 pints in.

I should find my webcam. We could have internet drinking contests on weekends! :D

No, Brew Runner, you would still have to drink 8 pints before you could finish off the 9th one! :D

Well, unless you drank the last two at the same time?

14092-Danwithtwobeersatthesametime.jpg

Like this guy at a football game!

*looks at picasa*

Creepy. This was taken on my birthday.

Brew Runner said:
I wouldn't drink eight pints if I wanted nine instead. :D
I crunched the numbers and a 5L minikeg is actually 169 US fl oz. That's 11oz away from nine AU pints. :mug:

1 pint = 20 US ounces = 570 ml = 2 ½ US Cups

8 pints = 160 US ounces = 4650ml

So yeah if a 5L minkeg actually holds a full 5 Litres, then it's about 11oz more than 8 pints.

5 litres doesn't seem like all the much does it? If someone asked me if i could drink and ice cream pail full of beer, I would say "Bring me two of those":drunk:

A few weeks ago I was turning pens on the lathe to give as gifts for Christmas..
A couple of "breaktime beers" led to mischief and I found myself mounting up a nice 2x2 piece of padauk that I was (keyword was) saving for wine stoppers.
Next thing you know, I turned a wooden beer bottle. SWMBO came down to see how it was going, saw the 3 empty bottles and then the wooden one on the lathe and simply said "I'm going to bed, I suggest you do the same".
Laughing, I figured she was right, so I headed up for the night.
As I laid down, she looked at me and just said "what the hell is going through your mind? a wooden bottle? are you serious?"

I showed her.
I burned my brew logo on the front of it, drilled out the center and gave it to a friend. He loves it. He brought it to work, keeps it on his desk with 2 pens in the top and said everyone that sees it, loves it and asks about it.

Ha-ha. That'll show her.

capcrnch said:
A few weeks ago I was turning pens on the lathe to give as gifts for Christmas..
A couple of "breaktime beers" led to mischief and I found myself mounting up a nice 2x2 piece of padauk that I was (keyword was) saving for wine stoppers.
Next thing you know, I turned a wooden beer bottle.

Got any pictures? Would love to see it.

Oh! Beer Goggles are not suitable substitues for safety glasses! According to Norm Abram anyways.. :(

Back