WLP810 extinct as we know it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tre9er

Reaction score
I see this was an anniversary edition, a blend of 001, 002, 004, and 810. I've used 2 of those strains and had beers made by the other two. Sounds like the perfect house ale strain, but I believe it was released circa 2005? White Labs doesn't even list it, and the posts I've found were very dated.

So what are the chances it's in a freezer somewhere, or there are beers brewed with it that are bottle conditioned and we can get some dregs? If one were to blend it one-self, would you just add equal parts of each? I'm sure more went into it at White Labs, but we may not know the proportions...or do we?

I see this was an anniversary edition, a blend of 001, 002, 004, and 810. I've used 2 of those strains and had beers made by the other two. Sounds like the perfect house ale strain, but I believe it was released circa 2005? White Labs doesn't even list it, and the posts I've found were very dated.

So what are the chances it's in a freezer somewhere, or there are beers brewed with it that are bottle conditioned and we can get some dregs? If one were to blend it one-self, would you just add equal parts of each? I'm sure more went into it at White Labs, but we may not know the proportions...or do we?

They consider exact ratios proprietary.

Back