WLP540

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Fenix26

Reaction score
Hi brewers!

This past Friday night I brewed a beer and stowed it away for fermentation, but I've gotten a little concerned since considering I haven't seen much/any activity raising from my bubbler.

My grain bill is pretty typical - mostly two row with some oat and caramunich. I got a little nuts with the hop profile and through in some azacca.

I mashed at an average temperature of 150 for 75 mins, boiled, cooled to about 73 degrees then pitched my yeast, sealed then stowed.

I'm wondering if anyone has used this yeast and if someone has noticed the same? Or, if anyone has any ideas of if I may have messed something up. Tracing back my steps, I don't believe I forgot anything.

Thanks!

OP
F

Fenix26

Reaction score
Now that I'm thinking of it. I did have the yeast out in room temperature for an extended amount of time - about 6 to 8 hours before pitching and I didn't have a yeast starter. The yeast grows right in its package and is then sold.

gravity after mash = 1.04
after boil/yeast pitch = 1.065

Last edited:

baldm79

Reaction score
I would take a gravity reading.
Never know if the fermentation was a quick one. Also can probably tell by the smell, but gravity never lies