Witbier recipe guides?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aseelye

Reaction score
Hi, I've been wanting to put together a witbier, and my invaluable reference - Designing Great Beers - seems to be of little help. Other than looking at clone recipes etc, does anyone know of any good resources to find out what makes for a truly great witbier?

aseelye said:
Hi, I've been wanting to put together a witbier, and my invaluable reference - Designing Great Beers - seems to be of little help. Other than looking at clone recipes etc, does anyone know of any good resources to find out what makes for a truly great witbier?

Papazian's book has a chart in it with several basic witbier templates... you should get it... or I can get (make) you an Excel spreadsheet

The Hoegaarden clone in my signature is a great tasting Wit and easy enough to brew (but requires a few steps). You have to let it settle for a long time before it's true to form though, but then POW, you'll have a dead-ringer for Hoegaarden (except for the color. Mine ended up orange due to the DME).

Hey, what did the wit beer recipe end up looking like. I'm thinking of doing a partial mash, I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has any suggestions

Latest posts

Back