Wish me luck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchum

Reaction score
So the power just went out about 10 mins before my boil started.
And its only my second batch!
Looks like im going to be doing hop additions and transfering to my primary by candle light(kind of romantic) ..... with my dog.
I would have enough sunlight in my garage if it wasnt storming and cloudy.
I hope the brew gods are on my side tonight.

Does any one else have some funny (unlucky) stories about things going wrong, or interrupting brew days???

Good luck, I have boiled over and shut down my burner with sugar water for wine.(Burnt sugar in the jets) I've also had my regulator freeze up cause it was so cold. (I live very deep northern british columbia) Wind storms blowing all sorts of things into the kettles. Its still beer and all is good.

HAHA Good luck...I haven't had much more than some boil overs but I figure I am about due for a huge mess at some point. Maybe you can use this little dilemma to name your beer. I don't know what your brewing..but Lights Out Stout is kinda catchy!

Everything turned out ok. The power didn't come back on, but the sun came back out and I could see.
lol I thought of the same thing with lights out stout, however its a summer wheat beer.

brewing by candlelight sounds very novel! Bet you'll remember this brew day very clearly!

Nothing like that has ever happened to me, but I have had thermometers go to hell and I had to rely on touch to gauge temps!

Back