wiring diagram - have I missed anything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Reaction score
Hi!

Please take a look at my wiring diagram and let me know if I have any wires crossed. The build thread is here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=580746

I didn't label the wire gauge but everything before the breakers is 6 AWG. I have 10 AWG from 32A breakers to the elements and 14 AWG after the 16A breaker.

(I've attached the diagram as a PDF as well.)

Thanks!

-Sam

Nxmhiop.png

edit: The mobile app doesn't seem to render the image properly (for me at least). If you're on mobile, check out the PDF file. Thanks.

View attachment sams-brew-box-wiring-draft.pdf

Do your yellow and green indicator lights need to be tied to neutral?

Hmmm... I'm glad I asked. I don't know.. I think they probably do. When I was laying this out, I assumed when the switch closed the circuit, electricity would flow through the LED and whatever else was connected to it. Like when a pump switch is turned on, current would flow through the LED and pump to neutral. That doesn't look right now that you point it out. I'll change it up. Thanks.

Right. In series with the load, they may do some funny things. No other issues jump out at me but I'm not familiar with all the pin outs on the devices. Nice looking diagram... Should make it easier to wire up when the time comes. Have fun with it.

Back