Wireless temp/humidity/etc. sensor...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkwolf

Reaction score
Happened to be browsing quirky.com (another "spin" on the crowdsourcing concept - except this one you help design the product, etc. and then potentially get a cut of the profits) and came across something that might be really usefull to the homebrew community:

Spotter

It's a wireless sensor that monitors light, temperature, humidity, etc. -- and connects to your phone. At $50, it's a little outside what I can justify spending right now (just dropped a chunk of change on a new camera), but I could see it being really helpful for ferm chambers, etc. - or just the bottle storage area in the basement.

Edit for disclaimer: I did not participate in the development program for this device, and receive no compensation from it.

That's actually quite neat and I can see some uses for homebrewing. This makes me want to start prototyping my Arduino system for brewing uses...

I actually got on here to search for anyone using this exact product. I read a couple of the reviews and one said that the temperature accuracy is not good (this particular review said up to 10 degrees off) but the concept is awesome.

I think the real potential is if you could get that sensor to communicate with some type of wireless outlet that the freezer is plugged into so that it could be its own temperature controller. No more drilling holes in the collar or the keezer for temperature probes!

Back