winter sickness cure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Packman715

Reaction score
what is your best cold or flu cure?

Mine is as you feel it comming on it to get stinking drunk to make the body toxic to the bug.
:fro::tank::rockin::mug::eek:nestar:

I usually ***** and moan, and drink a hot toddy...or maybe a barleywine....but I like your method a lot better :)

1 quart of hot an sour soup from the best Chinese restaurant you know of. Repeat if necessary. Better yet to make your own
Never failed me yet

I get a flu shot BEFORE the disease starts making the rounds. For a cold, I try to nuke it with a 1-2 punch of vitamin C & D. I'm not sure if there is any actual medical research to back this up, but it works quite well for me. Combined with plenty of fluids, antihystamines & extra sleep, I'm only a little miserable for a little while.
Regards, GF.

1 quart of hot an sour soup from the best Chinese restaurant you know of. Repeat if necessary. Better yet to make your own
Never failed me yet

I've been looking for a good hot and sour soup recipe. Do you have one you can share?

P_A said:
I've been looking for a good hot and sour soup recipe. Do you have one you can share?

I usually make a variation of Tyler florences recipe here
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/hot-and-sour-soup-recipe/index.html
Though traditional recipes usually don't have ginger I like it when its in there. I also like it very sour and very hot so I'm usually only using the recipe as a set of guidelines. The nearest Asian supermarket is also not very close so I usually subtitute a large portabello that I sliced thinly for the fungus.

I have recurring sinus issues, so I hit the sinus meds strong at the first sign. Otherwise, drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest.

Sad to say I have found that drinking too much beer has a negative effect on my colds.

I hate having colds but I do like the early mornings when irs frosty and the sun is just comming up everything looks so fresh

Back