Wing Capper + Heineken?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some bottles seem to work better than others, but is really inconsistent. Even with "purchased" bottles, some seem to catch on the metal support that hold to capper to the bottle (on the upswing). Even then, they seem to seal fine, but gives the impression that "something went wrong"...... no worries! Sam Adam's bottles are the only ones that don't seem to do this even occasionally. Recently bought a red baron capper thinking it would solve this, but it does the same thing. Oh well, no harm no foul.

Dad's a Heiny drinker (ugh), so when he's in town . . . I'm overstocked with Heiny bottles. Never had an issue capping 'em. Not my favorite, as green glass is seriously lousy as a beer sunscreen (trust the spectrophotometer, but they're better than MGD), but they'll work.

Dad's a Heiny drinker (ugh), so when he's in town . . . I'm overstocked with Heiny bottles. Never had an issue capping 'em. Not my favorite, as green glass is seriously lousy as a beer sunscreen (trust the spectrophotometer, but they're better than MGD), but they'll work.

Do you also use a wing capper or do you bottle em with a bench capper? I've heard a bench capper will cap just about anything with ease, but I haven't invested in one yet.

Standard wing-capper, nothing fancy. I've had a couple over the years, and the first one definitely wore out, and had trouble capping even the most inviting bottle tops. A new wing-capper fixed that. Perhaps you're ready for a new one?

Back