Wine fridge as Keg cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battery_BreweryNJ

Reaction score
I might be getting a used wine fridge that can fit two corneys. Has anyone had any experiance with converting a wine fridge? I will be installing it under my bar and running the line through the top to a tower mounted on the bartop.

From what i hear they do not get cold enough.... So unless you like to drink warmish beer like the Europeans you are SOL

I read not too long ago someone using one successfully; even posted pictures. Off to search!

*EDIT*Didn't find it in a quick search; My advice is read the manual. Most wine coolers only chill to about 50-55, a little warm for beer...*/EDIT*

the wine coolers i've found were all too short to hold a corny AND have enough clearance for the QD's, gas lines and tap lines.

not to say taller ones don't exist...but...yeah, i'd leave it for wine cooling and get something that goes down to at least 40F. you don't need ice cold beer, but 'chilled' prolly isn't cold enuf for full enjoyment.

the wine coolers i've found were all too short to hold a corny AND have enough clearance for the QD's, gas lines and tap lines.

not to say taller ones don't exist...but...yeah, i'd leave it for wine cooling and get something that goes down to at least 40F. you don't need ice cold beer, but 'chilled' prolly isn't cold enuf for full enjoyment.

I do have an extra Johnson temp control lying around would I be able to rig it up to control the temp?

Back