Wine cooler? for beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on building a small "bar area". I'd like to put in a wine cooler for white wine AND beer. the cooler I'm looking at has a range that goes down to 40*.

Thoughts? Cold enough for beer? I'm thinking the average fridge cools lower, down around 35? does the difference matter?

I use a wine chiller for my bottled beer. It only cools down to 45* and that in my opinion is ideal for most beers

Why not build an STC-1000 controller and set it for the temps you desire? You can build it pretty cheap and there are step by step direction here to insure you have no issues. You will have to bypass the thermostat on the machine and wire the STC in its place, but it will give you full control of the temps inside the box as low or high as you wish to go. Just a thought if 40 is too warm to suit your needs.
Wheelchair Bob

Thanks all. Seems y'all are right 40 is plenty cold. Beer had been in the top shelf of our side by side previously so it wasn't at 33• either. I'll work on trying the bigger beers warmer as well.

Back