Wine Conditioner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works OK for sweetening but use sulfite and sorbate as the sorbate in the conditioner is only enough to keep the conditioner from fermenting. Add slowly and taste frequently as going overboard with this stuff can leave your wine way to sweet and also leave an artificial sweetener taste IMO.

+1 on the sorbate--treat with campden & sorbate as you usually would. I have had good results with wine conditioner but I have seen posts on here that suggest you want to stop just a tad drier than you might want, because the wine seems to get a bit sweeter as it ages in the bottle. I do know that I left my Christmas wines just a little drier than I would have sweetened them for myself, and when I gave them as gifts, several people complimented them and said "Nice dessert wine!" I don't know if the wine got a little sweeter or I just like my wine sweeter than other people--probably both.

Back