Windows Vista Compatability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hell Brew

Reaction score
Looking for some advice from all the techies out there. I am buying a laptop from my brother who decided he would rather have a Mac right after purchasing it. So I am getting it for about half what he paid for it. The PC will be primarily for use with brewing software and something to hold my podcasts. I currently have been playing around with Promash and like it, but it looks like it won' t be able to run on Vista. Anyone running Promash with Vista or know if it can be made to run. Any other suggestions for a brewing software that is compatible would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.:mug:

I have yet to find a program (made post 1995) that wont run on Vista. I run Vista 64bit Ultimate, if your running 32 bit you will probably have less problems than me, wich has been next to none.

Awesome! Thanks alot. I tryed out beersmith also and liked it, but found myself playing around with Promash more and really getting the hang of it. Is Beersmith more up to date on the new hop varieties? There were quite a few new hops missing from Promash.

Ya, Beersmith has had every hop variety that I have ever used. There is also the option of downloading additional ingredients (grains, sugars, water reports, hops, etc) or making a profile for your own, so it is pretty dynamic in that way. I've never used ProMash, so I don't know if it has the same kind of features.

Back