Wilserbrewer $10 BIAB Bags, Black Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilserbrewer

BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Black Friday limited quantity release. $10 BIAB bag plus $5 domestic shipping. Kettles to 20 gallon up to 18 1/2" outer diameter.

Respond to this thread with kettle outside diameter and height, and I will PM payment instructions.

Have a great holiday weekend,
Thanks
Wilser

Can you combine shipping on two?

If so, can I get two for a SS Brewtech 10 gal kettle: 13.8" diameter x 16.5" height?

Hey Michael,

Looking for two bags:

SS Brewtech 20 gal. kettle. 17.7" diameter, 21.3" high.
12 gal. kettle. 14.75" diameter 18.5" high

Thanks

Crap just finished brewing! If not too late, I'll take 1 backup bag shipped here in central NJ. 14.5" of x 16 inch tall bayou kettle. Love the bag I've got, but getting long in the tooth.

14.375" x 20" tall.

just got back home to measure this kettle.
if i missed it, next time will do.
if i just made it, i'll take 2 bags for the kettle, please and thank you.

Damn, I can't believe I missed this. Had been waiting to buy a new bag to replace my 3 1/2 year old wilser bag. Did HBT just recently remove the new thread sidebar, or have I changed my personal settings? I always check the recent posts and the Sponsor Showcase when I'm on the site, which I was on Friday and yesterday. Just forgot since I didn't have that reminder.

I know it's too late, but my new kettle is:

20G Spike Kettle - 17.5" ID 18.375" OD 21" Tall

What about a New years day sale?

I've got a basket that is 9.75 wide by 13.5 tall. ship to 94110.

thanks!

Not sure about New Years sale, but we always have some fun with the Super Bowl sale and free pool prizes.

The $10 bag sale was like a bit coin surge in reverse, so that may be a long time till you see that again...if ever.

Thanks for the inquiry :)

Last edited:
well, never hurts to ask. rather not wait for super bowl though, hoping to have new rig up and running by then.

i have a new concord pot with a basket insert that i'm likely going to use, otherwise i get the feeling the bag will go pear-shaped when i lift it out and make a big mess, wort spilling over the edges as the bag expands, etc. is there anything different you need in terms of dimensions for a basket with handle?

its one of these guys.. https://www.ebay.com/i/140678763592?rt=nc&var=440040473534

well, never hurts to ask. rather not wait for super bowl though, hoping to have new rig up and running by then.

i have a new concord pot with a basket insert that i'm likely going to use, otherwise i get the feeling the bag will go pear-shaped when i lift it out and make a big mess, wort spilling over the edges as the bag expands, etc. is there anything different you need in terms of dimensions for a basket with handle?

its one of these guys.. https://www.ebay.com/i/140678763592?rt=nc&var=440040473534

The key to not spilling wort is to slowly remove the bag from the kettle so the liquid level in the bag remains below the kettle top rim. It’s rather easy and intuitive to not spill a drop. I have a basket and have never used it for brewing.

I would suggest sizing the bag to the kettle, and if using the basket, place the basket in the kettle, then install the bag and secure over the kettle top rim, removing the grain and basket would be the reverse.

There is not an easy and secure way to fix the bag to just the basket as the handle interferes.

That said I would need kettle outer diameter and height. Perhaps also note if you have a return recirc line through the side of the kettle, I would want the distance from the top of kettle to center of the return line as some prefer to leave the bag seam open to accommodate this line.

Thanks
Wilser

the last bag you built me gets moved between different kettles. when i have a smaller grainbill its not an issue. when the OG gets higher or my efficiency is planned to be low it becomes a problem. or when i dunk sparge into a smaller kettle. its not the liquid wort that spills, its the liquid that gets squeezed out of the wort when the grains want to be wider than the kettle.

and as this new kettle is narrow and tall, its alot more likely to become a problem.

kettle outer edge of the rim of 11.75. bottom to top of rim is roughly 16".

recirc is just gonna go from the bottom outlet right back up and into the top of the basket.

so i went to order and there's no way to add a pulley to a bag purchase? i busted the one i got from you earlier and never got around to replacing it. would be nice to have it again. what to do?

Sweet, now I can come in under €22 and avoid Duty! One SS Brewtech 15 Gal Kettle.
15.8” Diameter
18.9” Height

Shipping to Austria

whoops, sorry, just saw the date now so nevermind!

You do realize you're responding to a year-old thread, don't you? I'm sure Wilser would be glad to sell you a bag, but there is no $10 deal.

Back