Williams Brewing brew kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSpartaNJ

Reaction score
I bought a 10 gallon ported stainless steel brew pot from Williams Brewing when i went all grain. Since then, I have not actually measured the amount of water it holds or my pre boil wort volumes. I use isparge or brew 365 to calculate my volumes.

Here is my question, if anyone has experience with these kettles, will they truly hold 10 gallons of liquid? When I gety pre-boil volume in the pot, I surprised how full the pot gets. Usually fills right below the handle rivets and the handles are very high up, near the lip of the pot.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks,

Joe

If it's the brewers edge 40 QT then I have the same one. I haven't measured the volume full, but I have boiled starting with 8.5 gallons and there was still a bit of room left..

I just eyeballed it with my homemade volume/sight stick thingy and it looks like it will hold just over 10 gal. assuming they haven't changed the design in the last 2 years.

I guess since I do not plan to make bigger batches with this pot, I should be ok.

I had someone at work weld the handles to make them a little stronger.

Back