Williams Brewing Aeration System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same set up from Williams. I've had zero issues with any component in the rig. The regulator is really just a needle valve (or similar) that you use to control flow. I crack it open, just till I can see bubbles, then swirl it around in my wort for 45-120 seconds. Been using it for several years, a solid investment IMHO.

I have that exact system. It seems to work quite nicely. You can always get more fancy any get an O2 regulator with a flow meter, but then you are looking at getting a proper O2 tank and that comes at a price.

You do win out in the long run with a bigger tank and more expensive regulator to suit, however if you're like me and you only brew at most twice in a month then it takes a long time to realise the savings over just using the small disposable O2 cans

I think I will order in the morning. I brew two or three times a month so I think it will be a good system.

I have a rather fancy medical O2 regulator w/flow meter but my home-made aeration wand (stubby .5U barbed stone to a short piece of tubing to a cut-off straight piece of acrylic racking cane) was problematic due to occasional spontaneous disassembly.

The Williams wand totally solved that problem. It's the only thing I've ever bought from Williams and they're batting 1000 - I'm a big fan of this item...

Cheers!

If I decide to one day get a oxygen tank for the welding supply store what type of regulator would I need? Also any idea what the cost of a small tank w/oxygen would be from the welding store?

I have the Big O2 system from Williams. I think I found an O2 tank on ebay for 40 dollars and another 15 to fill. Should last year's and years at the amount I'm putting in / brewing. Those disposable tanks add up fast. I have spent a dime on oxygen in almost 2 years.

Back