Willamette Valley Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
Willamette Valley Hops I just clicked on their ad, they seem like a reputable dealer anyone know anything about them? I was looking to try and grow a rhizome in my window like the guy in the last BYO magazine. I was actually thinking nugget (one of the ones they offer) since it seems to be pretty hardy. So, any advice on the company or my idea....?

I don't know much about their hops but I just drove by one of their fields today on my way to the interstate (I live nearby) and they are *beautiful*! A very nice sight indeed :)

Thats where i bought my rhizomes from, the nugget is the most hardy and vigorous of the trio. the Mt Hood is a close second the cascades started budding first.

I don't know much about their hops but I just drove by one of their fields today on my way to the interstate (I live nearby) and they are *beautiful*! A very nice sight indeed :)

Can you smell them. When I drive by some othe crops here in Wsiconsin I can smell them. Especially newly mown hay.

Thought I would resurrect this thread. Just stumbled upon this company tonight and ordered from them. I liked that they publish their nursery license. It speaks to their credibility. The shipping was very reasonable: only $2.99 to ship two rhizomes to Virginia.

Looks like they've grown considerably since 2008. I was looking at some other posts and they only offered one or two back then. Tonight I saw that they offered 9 varieties and even dried hops.

I'll report back upon receipt and at harvest. Happy gardening!

i ordered 2 rhizomes from WVH because they were the only ones selling Summit rhizomes at the time - a previously proprietary variety. turns out they might still be proprietary, they've since stopped selling them and swapped them out on orders that had been placed before the rule change/threatening letter/visit from the hops mafia/etc. check out the "summit rhizomes" thread for the details.

anyhoo, i had a really great experience ordering from WVH. the guy on the phone was ridiculously friendly and shared some good growing advice. he obviously loves his job. my rhizomes were a bit on the small side, but at least one has come up (i'm away from home at the moment so i don't have an update on the other, i'm sure it'll come up eventually). other folks who ordered got some real nice big fatties. good prices. i'd definitely order from them again.

Back