Will you join me in a toast?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillHayze

Reaction score
piswassahy2.jpg

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/589542.html

Ever since Bill Coors invented the aluminum can in 1958...
Wow, thanks Bill!

I hereby proclaim tomorrow - National ChillHayze Activation Day!

I don't think work gave me the day off though...

Coors has been marketing this gimmick in Europe for some time now. I had some Carling with a "cold indicator" last year. It was awful, but it was also free.

070907_022158_carling.jpg

The Coors Cold Activated Bottle: Because only chumps touch a bottle with their hand to see if it's cold enough.

And in related news it appears 50,000,000 American consumers fell to their death this month as they followed the first lemming... errr.... consumer off the cliff!!! :D

Geez Marketing!!! Just another gimmick to keep the Coors name "out there".

One of my first acts as "Supreme Worldwide Dictator" will be to force BMC to quit making American Lager... heck I might just shut them all down until they can brew an ale up to my standards! Hey a guy's gotta dream don't he!

Schlante,
Phillip

Everytime I see these commercials I just roll my eyes. I actually picture a group of college frat boys sitting around a fridge, opening it every 15 minutes or so to see if their Coors Light bottles have blue on them yet so they can pour them into the beer bong.

<shudders>

One of my first acts as "Supreme Worldwide Dictator" will be to force BMC to quit making American Lager... heck I might just shut them all down until they can brew an ale up to my standards! Hey a guy's gotta dream don't he!

Schlante,
Phillip

Why would you force them to stop making American Light Lager? The style has its place, like any other style. Sure, it's got less flavor, aroma and character than pretty much any other style, but ferf*cksake, that's no reason to ban it. For all the hate that is heaped upon the big brewers of American Light Lager, it amazes me how few people actually direct their ire where it's deserved: at the consumers who guzzle the stuff. I mean, hell, if the American Consumer had an unquenchable thirst for turd-flavored beer, and were willing to fork over their hard-earned dollars in exchange for it, I would gladly serve them as much poo-beer as they were willing to buy. You can have your high-minded ideals about only making "good" beer, and I'll take my solid gold house and rocket car that I bought with all the money I made off of poo-flavored beer. I mean, hell, I think it's been said that even Pete Coors drinks non-BMC beer (not in public, of course).

The american people seem to want a simple lager that they don't have to think too much about. As most ALL's taste the same, the companies need to distinguish themselves with gimmicks and brand identity. Why is this all such a surprise? I think, subconsciously, a lot of homebrewers are just pissed that more people don't like craft beer, so they direct their anger towards the producers of mass-market lager.

Why would you force them to stop making American Light Lager? The style has its place, like any other style. Sure, it's got less flavor, aroma and character than pretty much any other style, but ferf*cksake, that's no reason to ban it. For all the hate that is heaped upon the big brewers of American Light Lager, it amazes me how few people actually direct their ire where it's deserved: at the consumers who guzzle the stuff. I mean, hell, if the American Consumer had an unquenchable thirst for turd-flavored beer, and were willing to fork over their hard-earned dollars in exchange for it, I would gladly serve them as much poo-beer as they were willing to buy. You can have your high-minded ideals about only making "good" beer, and I'll take my solid gold house and rocket car that I bought with all the money I made off of poo-flavored beer. I mean, hell, I think it's been said that even Pete Coors drinks non-BMC beer (not in public, of course).

The american people seem to want a simple lager that they don't have to think too much about. As most ALL's taste the same, the companies need to distinguish themselves with gimmicks and brand identity. Why is this all such a surprise? I think, subconsciously, a lot of homebrewers are just pissed that more people don't like craft beer, so they direct their anger towards the producers of mass-market lager.

E! to the rescue. Thanks!

Every beer has its place. You bet your ass when I start drinking at 8:00am at the Indy 500 (annual reunion for me and my college friends) I'm going to be drinking an ALL. So f ya'll haterz lolz!!!!1oneone

Back