Will this work for a grain mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394158637.283361.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Unless it's adustable I think it would pulverize the grain like cornmill. Not what you're looking to do.

I dunno it says cracked in the options. Just wasn't sure if anyone ever tried it

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

for a little bit more you could get a grain mill. this will work but i'd hate to put a 12 lb grain bill through that tiny thing.

for a little bit more you could get a grain mill. this will work but i'd hate to put a 12 lb grain bill through that tiny thing.

I was thinking the same thing about the cost versus just buying a Barley Crusher or some other grain mill intended for beer making. As far as the size goes I've known people to use corona mills and fabricate a large hopper out of 5g water jugs.

Overall the above doesn't seem cost effective unless you already have it on hand for other uses and find out it gives a good beer barley crush as well.

Back