will this pump work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpiperjosh

Reaction score
i know that most of you will say to use a march 809 pump. but i'm wondering if this would even be ok with everything but boiling temps (recirculating mash. etc) id rather use this for that, then eventually buy a march 809 for the boiling side

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180827476213

you do not want to be drinking photo printing liquids. good chance they are carcinogenic, or at very least taste extremely bad. i would not use that pump; plastic can not be sufficiently cleaned of residue.

even if that pump were new, its not made with food safe materials. take that as you will.

I hate to say it but you are not going to reinvent the wheel on this one. This horse has been beat to death on this forum.

beatingadeadhorse.gif

It all depends on if you trust the guy you emailed or not. I know march pumps use polysulfone, not polypropylene.

It all depends on if you trust the guy you emailed or not. I know march pumps use polysulfone, not polypropylene.

my thought is, its used for some sort of fish tank normally. If there was all kinds of bad stuff coming out of there, the fish would be dead in no time

my thought is, its used for some sort of fish tank normally. If there was all kinds of bad stuff coming out of there, the fish would be dead in no time

Its your life (and gene pool) you are messing with, so do what you want. But I personally wouldnt do it to save 70 bucks.

As stated in earlier posts, if you search this forum his has been discussed on numerous posts (to death in some cases). I would suggest you save your money and purchase a magnetic drive, food safe pump capable of working @ > or = to 212 deg @ sea level.

If you have to dump one batch depending on volume, you could be out $20-$70 not to mention you time. It is just not worth it to me to take the chance, March and Chugger both make quality equipment that is proven and they stand behind.

Back