Will in induction burner work on this??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanton

Reaction score
Here are 2 threads on induction use. The first one contains reports of performance. The second one more specifically the applications of the Avantco IC3500 plate.

All grain or extract?

The 1800W plate may be barely enough to boil 6.25 gallons of wort. You'll probably need to wrap some good insulation around the kettle and keep the lid partially on.

You should consider the Avantco IC3500 instead. It does need a 240V 20A circuit (or a dryer outlet).

Request Induction Equipment Information

Avantco IC3500

When it says 10 1/4" in diameter for cooking surface, will a 13" diameter pot work?

When it says 10 1/4" in diameter for cooking surface, will a 13" diameter pot work?

Yeah that will work fine. The actual induction generated heating area in the bottom of the pot is only around 6" in diameter. The coil inside the IC3500 is 8-9"

That whole cooking area, maximum pot size stuff seems to be a load of bullsh!t if you ask me.

My 8 gallon kettle is 14" in diameter and it works great. I also use a 15 gallon, 17.5" wide kettle and it works just as well. They really hang way over the sides and that "maximum area."

Thanks so much for info, I think I am gonna but the IC3500.

Does anyone know where I can buy it in Canada or do I have no choice but to buy from the States.

Back