Will filtering cure beer poops???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyennie

Reaction score
I seem to have bowel issues the day after having more than two pints of home brew.

For a pale ale or IPA I primary for about a week, secondary for two weeks then keg. I use Whrilflock as a fining and my beer is pretty clear. I usually only have a little bit of sediment in the bottom of my kegs.

Would filtering remove the bowel issue???

How long have you been drinking unpasturized beer? It's the yeast that upsets your bowels. Many people won't drink draft beer because it causes problems. I even have one friend that can drink pasturized beer but give him some craft beer and his tongue gets thick and splits down the middle! We finally figured out he's allergic to live yeast! Fortunately for him, he's a boubon and coke guy! Filtering might lower the amount of yeast in your beer and make things easier on you. If most people would just keep drinking draft beer their systems would get use to it and their problems would go away.:mug:

Nope. Chances are you're getting the blats from the long chain sugars left in the batch. Just like you get from beans. :D Filtering will have no impact there. After a while your system will get used to things and your backside will calm down again.

BTW, you might be better off going with the long primary (no second vessel except for aging brews). I do that and haven't had excess gas for some time. At least not when I'm not eating chili or refried beans with/for dinner. :eek: :D

Back