Had an extract kit where I failed to reach the target FG by a considerable margin. Target FG was 1.012 and I was "stuck" at 1.021 or so. Ended up pitching a packet of champagne yeast and added yeast nutrient. It did nothing to my beer's gravity for a few days so I figured oh well. However, when my house warmed up the yeast had a second fermentation (a mild krausen was formed and I had airlock activity while in secondary). I ended up bottling the beer yesterday and took another gravity reading. It was at the target FG, if not a tiny bit below. While I'm happy with the ABV, the dryness of the beer is insane. The beer actually tastes a fair amount like champagne. I'm hoping this mellows as it bottle conditions. Do any of you have experience with using champagne yeast and did the dryness flavor eventually lessen with time or is what I sampled yesterday (not very much to my liking) going to be what I'll be stuck with for 45 or so bottles. I think they'll be drinkable, but looking back at it now, I probably should have just accepted a lower ABV or maybe should have pitched a second batch of the yeast the kit originally called for.