Wild Witbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RawDog

Reaction score
I decided I wanted to try quickly carbing my Witbier vs. the usual week process at 11psi. I wanted to get the beer carbed quickly for a party this weekend but I'm having some major issues. This is what I did:

Set the regulator to 35PSI and shook the keg when it wasn't at serving temp. :rolleyes:
Disconnected the gas, waited 3 hours and relieved pressure.
Set the reg to 6psi and foam city.
Disconnected the the gas relieved pressure and let sit overnight.
Set reg to 4psi the beer is carbonated well but the foam is excessive.

I know wheat beers like to produce large heads and can be very temperamental but I need to cut down this foam issue ASAP. Right now I have an 8ft line and the beer is at 44 degree's, the keg is pressurized at 6 PSI with the gas off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:D

Matt

I relieved all the pressure from the keg and I'm still getting foam with now almost no carbonation. I just cranked it up too 11psi and I guess I'll just let it sit for a few days. Anyone have an idea why I'm having this issue? The corney keg I'm using has a longer dip tube then the others. It comes down and makes an "L" 90 degree turn into the center of the keg. Could this be my problem?

Personally, the shake method has never worked for me. Tried it once and had some of the same results as you’re having. Now after kegging, I leave it at room temp at 25 lbs over night. After that I stick it in the basement for conditioning. When ready to drink, I just set it at serving pressure and wait another week.

The corney keg I'm using has a longer dip tube then the others. It comes down and makes an "L" 90 degree turn into the center of the keg. Could this be my problem?
Can’t see that affecting anything. Just give it time.

Yea I totally rushed it because I wanted to get the beer carbed up for the party. Right now its been sitting at 11psi for 2 days. I'll give it a few more days and try again. I will never do the shake method again; I feel like I've ruined a awesome batch of brew.

Back