Wild Leap Alpha Abstraction - Can you clone it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clone recipe, or insight into Wild Leaps brewing process to produce something similar to Alpha Abstraction?
---

“Our goal for the Alpha series was to create a beer that tastes as close to fruit juice as possible using only water, malt, hops and barley,” says Wild Leap Chief Brewing Officer, Chris Elliott. “We first experimented with Belma hops in pilot batches and the results were phenomenal. Out of those pilot batches came some of our favorite IPAs to date.”

Alpha Abstraction Vol. 12 is a juicy, double dry-hopped IPA. Brewed with Belma hops, Vol 12. boasts a bright citrus flavor with notes of strawberry and melon.

“We’ve had previous Alpha releases that have had notes of strawberry and melon with the citrus flavor in the background,” says Wild Leap CEO and Co-Founder, Anthony Rodgriguez. “With Vol. 12, the Belma hop brings those citrus flavors to the forefront.”

Clocking in at 8%, Vol. 12 has a clean, sharp citrus flavor that fits perfectly in the Alpha series. Alpha Abstraction Vol. 12 will be available for purchase at the brewery and throughout Georgia this week!

---

I saw this post and got pretty excited hoping that someone had made a clone of this beer because I really enjoy the Alpha Abstraction line. They are currently on volume 15 which uses El Dorado and Idaho 7 hops. Volume 14 was probably my favorite so far but I must say that 15 is very good also. Hopefully someone has an idea for the recipe for this beer since it really is a cool idea.

No luck here or elsewhere. I've emailed and messaged Wild Leap but never get a response. A fellow brewer thinks they add lactose to the Alpha Abstraction series.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was lactose in it but I haven't really picked up on that flavor. If it is there i think it would be a small addition.

Back