Wii Bowling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Wii is awesome isn't it? We're addicted to Guitar Hero, and I just got the new Transformers game....but I haven't played it yet. SWMBO got the Nerf Sports pack for christmas.

It's really great. The boys wanted to use their Christmas money to buy one. We got lucky and found one the next day.

Now I feel like I should reimburse them for part of it. I'm no gamer, but I think I might like this thing more than they do:drunk:

We only have the standard disc of games so far. ( I mean THEY, not we!)

I don't really consider the wii a "game system"; it's more if a toy. But I agree, it IS fun. Bowling is a great game. My 4 yr old got to play her cousins and wants to get one for her birthday.

I cant wait until I find a wii....on a side not ps3 has a bowling game that works like the wii really fun

We got one for the kiddos for Christmas...we all play it and have a blast.

My high bowling is 213.

Funny story, we took the 4 and 6 yo bowling last week on New Years. They had been Wii bowling for about a week and were very disappointed that they did not get several strikes and spares and score 180-190.

I've managed to throw 8 strikes in a row. I think my high score is 253. I'm gunning hard for that perfect game.

Make sure you do the training stuff, specifically power throws.

My 8yo rolled a 243.

He's unbeatable at tennis. And boxing. I own him at golf at least.

malkore said:
I've managed to throw 8 strikes in a row. I think my high score is 253. I'm gunning hard for that perfect game.

Make sure you do the training stuff, specifically power throws.

I've not investigated the training stuff, but I'm pretty sure I won't be practicing any power throws. I just recovered from "Wii Shoulder":rolleyes:

I have the "weenie throw" down pretty well. It's sort of like the sixth beer swig. Start with arm at side. Lift hand to forehead.

Wii is really comin' 'round,,,,,,used to be it was a lame system, now, it's a way to bridge the generation gap. Bowling is hella fun. I got my in-laws to get belligerent playing it.....:D

I want a wii, but its more for multiple players and I dont have people over enough to justify it. I'll stick with 360 for now though.

ScubaSteve said:
Wii is really comin' 'round,,,,,,used to be it was a lame system, now, it's a way to bridge the generation gap. Bowling is hella fun. I got my in-laws to get belligerent playing it.....:D

Hahaha. I got my mom to start talking smack when she bowled a 218 the second time she ever played it. She beat me. :(

BrewBrain said:
I've not investigated the training stuff, but I'm pretty sure I won't be practicing any power throws. I just recovered from "Wii Shoulder":rolleyes:

I have the "weenie throw" down pretty well. It's sort of like the sixth beer swig. Start with arm at side. Lift hand to forehead.

in power throwing, its 10 frames, 1 ball per frame, and they add another row of pins after each frame. so it goes 10 pins, 15 pins, 21 pins...up to 91 pins on the last throw.
top score there is like 620 so far (double points for throwing a strike). I've managed to get all 91 pins several times...but yeah, my shoulder kills me the next day.

the 6th beer toss is how I pickup those 1 pin spares ;)

I'm definitley enjoying the Wii, both Bowling and Zelda. My best score was a 279 -- I threw a perfect game outside of leaving the 5 pin hanging in the 3rd frame.

My GF continually abuses me in baseball, which is fantastically embarassing as I played my whole life up until college. :)

IMO the best part about Wii bowling is the training. Line up those 91 pins and I'll knock 'em down. My high score is a 269.

We were visiting an old neighbor last Sunday and they had a brand new flat screen. The reason for the new TV was the Wii controller was launched at their old one and broke it.

Snakebone said:
We were visiting an old neighbor last Sunday and they had a brand new flat screen. The reason for the new TV was the Wii controller was launched at their old one and broke it.

This is my big concern for when my kids' friends come over. I have a very nice big tv that I'd rather not have to replace. I think I'll buy a smaller cheap tv for the play room and leave it there until I want to play:D

Rolled a 224 and took over the family top score last night:fro: All is right with the world. I find this much more difficult than real bowling.

Back