Wife went solo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfries

Reaction score
My wife and I have been brewing partners for the last 10 years. She has brewed several batches by herself, but always with me being there to help and instruct. She does 5 to 7 batches a year. Today, she went solo, not only brewing while I was at work, but also teaching another lady to brew in the process. They each brewed a 5 gallon all grain batch of Wit. When I got home from work, they both were in the chill phase and they both hit their gravities spot on. She now feels empowered and confident that she can brew with out me.

Nice , give her list of what you want brewed and just sit back and drink.
let her do all the work, good job man.

Edit: your title sudjests somthing ... well im sure someone will remark on that. :)

If you love her, set her free.

If she comes back, she's yours.

If she doesn't, she has a friend that brews.

So, let me get this straight....

You can brew on your own while she's at work.

Now, she can brew on her own while you're at work.

You just doubled your potential household beer output!!!

:D

So, let me get this straight....

You can brew on your own while she's at work.

Now, she can brew on her own while you're at work.

You just doubled your potential household beer output!!!

:D

Since she does not work, I might as well let her do the brewing. :)

However she has a short list of what she is interested in brewing.

Classic American Pilsner
Wit
Saison
Tripple
Honey Wheat
Baltic Porter
Wheatwine

Other than the Wheatwine, I am not interested in those styles, I say... You go girl!....

Cheers,
Tom

That's pretty wild man! Honestly I like it better that my wife doesn't get involved in the brewing, however she also encourages me to brew and doesn't bug me during brewday. If faced with the choice of a wife who complains about brewing or one who wants to brew with you, well that's a no-brainer.

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought the man's wife walked out on him?

Glad this one had a happy ending. :D

Probably. 'Wives gone solo' brings a whole different mental picture to some of us.

Giggety. :fro:

I thought there would be batteries involved in this :p

Totally cool, all the same. Mine is interested in brewing because it's something I do and am looking for a beer she likes. It's like that sharing thing.

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought the man's wife walked out on him?

Maybe she's preparing for a divorce. If she asks you how to change a tire, or how to light the pilot on the heater, then you know something is up.

Back on topic.

That’s pretty sweet. You have a real keeper there. I have not gotten my SWMBO to that stage yet. But the other day she did say “thanks to you I have become a beer snob, most beers are just not as good as I can get down stairs (where all the home brew is kept).”

I guess that I'll have to be more careful in my choice of words next time I start a thread. :rolleyes:

Oh no, tfries, you did well with your thread title selection. How else do you think over 400 pervs... I mean brewers viewed your thread?

That said, you're a lucky man having a wife that shares in your hobby. Many cannot say the same.

Back