Wife broke my hydrometer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bow to you.

/perv

Hahaha! Funny how often I get that. But what many guys seem to forget is really just how freakin' hard it is to train one of them from scratch!
If you get one with a few miles on the odometer, then someone else has already struggled through the hard stuff.... Know what I mean?

You may rise now my son. ;)

Hahaha! Funny how often I get that. But what many guys seem to forget is really just how freakin' hard it is to train one of them from scratch!
If you get one with a few miles on the odometer, then someone else has already struggled through the hard stuff.... Know what I mean?

You may rise now my son. ;)

Know what you mean? Hell yes I do. I met my wife when I was 26... she was just turning 20.

Here's my suggestion.....

Unscrew the shower head and put a few unwrapped jolly ranchers in there, and replace. The hot water melts a bit of the ranchers, and thus deposits a slight stickyness onto her after the final rinse. She will notice the stickyness later during the day with clothes on, and her first thought will be to get home and shower ASAP....and the cycle will continue for a few days.

All you gotta do is shower without the head for a few days, sit back and string her along in whatever ways present themselves.....'gee honey, I have showered twice and nothing strange??? I'll see what I can find....." - all while drinking some beers and playing your part as diagnostic plumber.

:mug:

Take her out to dinner and be as nice to her as possible. Tell her you know it was an accident. She will feel guilty and reward you with a ....well you know.

Yeah, right! You've never been married have you? Or you are a chick.....:D

Not a chick- She seemed to have felt bad, so why start a fight with foolish pranks? I'm not saying take her out to dinner etc, but definitely a justifiable replacement hydrometer and something else (since you're ordering :).

....Despite my telling her never to touch my home brew stuff unless it is to pull a pint off the kegerator, she likes to put my stuff "away" as she calls it. In reality it is a combination of where they do not go and hiding them...

Is it just me or are swmbo's completely psychotic, evil and revengeful for reasons unknown when it comes to where things go when they are put away? There are reasons I put stuff at the front of a cabnet... BECAUSE I USE IT MORE!!! But nooo.... It dosn't fit there as well as it does HERE!! in the back of the cupboard, where you have to take EVERYTHING out to get to it, nevermind that you NEVER use anything in front of it, or does she! SWMBO'S... Anyone else have theirs' come in mid brew and start putting stuff away, even if you havn't used it yet? Takes a cattle prod to keep her away some times...:drunk:

Back