Why is it always "lawnmower" beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phenry

Reaction score
Why not mulching beer?

Just got done helping (read: by myself) my grandparents do such, and I definitely need a cold one or four :mug:

Apparently those who are not apartment brewers like myself and have a lawn are forced by SWMBO to cut it. A man needs a beer to go along with such assigned project. A man brews a session beer and calls it lawnmover beer.

Why not mulching beer?

Just got done helping (read: by myself) my grandparents do such, and I definitely need a cold one or four :mug:

Or a 'retaining wall' beer!!! :mug: Worked all day on one of those in my back yard and all I could think about is the citrusy APA waiting for me in the fridge. Mayhap 'backyard' beer is the better term.

For now, lawnmower works. Sometimes mowing the yard is the best excuse for beer at 9 am! :rockin:

Yeah its for drinking while mowing said lawn/mulching/boat scrubbing. These are lower gravity beers that you can do these things while drinking and NOT have to go to the hospital for chopping a leg off.

How about a 'deck staining' beer? We just put down 10 gallons of stain on our back deck, and I anticipate needing another 2 or 3 this weekend for the pool deck.

One and one is two, car and wrench (mower/scrubber/paintbrush...) is beer.

Don't overcomplicate things, folks, it's basic math.

I am thinking that it is time to brew a snow blowing beer.

Will a 10% Imperial stout be old enough by November if I brew it now?

I always feel a little dishonest calling it "lawnmower" beer myself, since we pay a mowing service... That's why I always put it in scare quotes.

I vacuumed the pool in the hot sun the other day without a "lawnmower" beer: it was hell! :tank:

Don't forget the all-important planning beer before starting the work.

I'll never forget the lesson I was taught way back in about 2003 or so... My neighbor was helping me patch a tire that had a slow leak. We grabbed a couple of beers and started the job. I had the car jacked up and I reached out with the tire iron to loosen the first bolt.

My neighbor suddenly became very alarmed and said, "Woah woah, hold it Jay, don't do that!" I stepped back, concerned I had maybe the jack wasn't fully secure or something. "Finish that beer first, and then let's start another one before we go on. It's very important if you want to do this job right."

:tank:

I'll never forget the lesson I was taught way back in about 2003 or so... My neighbor was helping me patch a tire that had a slow leak. We grabbed a couple of beers and started the job. I had the car jacked up and I reached out with the tire iron to loosen the first bolt.

My neighbor suddenly became very alarmed and said, "Woah woah, hold it Jay, don't do that!" I stepped back, concerned I had maybe the jack wasn't fully secure or something. "Finish that beer first, and then let's start another one before we go on. It's very important if you want to do this job right."

:tank:

Ha good one! The only thing I do different if I'm not using an impact wrench is to loosen the lugs BEFORE I jack up the car.

My cooper's cerveza kit (as used in the Aztec Gold recipe) was excellent hedge-pulling beer last weekend. Drank about 30 of them between my buddy and I. It was actually thirst quenching and we could drink them all day (cracked the first one before breakfast) without getting tipsy drunk.

Back