Why does this keep happening??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
May 21st I had a friend an his 16 yo daughter over to brew. Her brother had been wanting to take up brewing for a long time, and even bought a real brewing kit, but never used it. She wanted to learn too, and this was one way to show him up. So we brewed up a wit.

Fast forward to this weekend. I text him asking if he wanted some of that beer. "Yes, Please" was the answer.

I filled 2 22ozers for another friend who actually got me into brewing, and take them to a picnic on Sat. When we get home, I grab a glass to pour for myself while I fill his bottles. I get about 1/3 of a glass and PHFTTT!!!! Gone...

What is this conspiracy?!

So now I have to come up with a recipe to brew and see if his son can make it over to help. That wit was just getting really good too...

I haven't brewed since July 9th! And even, then, I didn't really brew. :D

I'm almost out of beer! Only about 8 gallons total of beer left in my house. I have to brew. I wish I had people who wanted to learn to brew with me- that would probably motivate me more. This retirement is tough- I'm too busy to brew beer anymore.

I'm almost out of beer! Only about 8 gallons total of beer left in my house. I have to brew. I wish I had people who wanted to learn to brew with me- that would probably motivate me more. This retirement is tough- I'm too busy to brew beer anymore.

Jeez, what happened? You need to prioritize your priorities, woman! Only 8 gallons... That should last about 2 weeks for you guys! :D

I have wanted to brew, but with 2 full kegs (HA!), I thought I had more time. I drilled my kettle before realizing that I had no silicone washers. Now I have washers AND two new keggles!

The women are going shopping this weekend, so it would be a perfect time to brew with a friend or two, and grill up some food (ribs on the smoker? Pulled Pork??) But it would also be a good time to run downstate and pick up the last of my car parts and scrap steel (for brewstand...)

Oh, I forgot... I think that if you asked, there are a couple of guys up your way who would love to come over and learn a few things about brewing.

Oh, I forgot... I think that if you asked, there are a couple of guys up your way who would love to come over and learn a few things about brewing.

Well, I have to remember how to brew myself! My rig is dusty. That's just sad, sad, sad.

I'm going to brew Friday or Saturday, on my HERMS.

8 Gallons?!?!? I'm down to less than a case! Being gone all summer to Scandinavia, son to college, and then this little thing called work have all conspired against me.

Just put a batch of cider up to bottle condition/carbonate. Next in the pipeline is an APA with munich malt and pacific gem and cascade hops. Then I can't decide between a mild brown or a raspberry wheat . . .

Tell me about it. I have six empty kegs now.

Two will be filled with the split batch of wheat this weekend, but that still leaves four empty kegs.

This hot weather blows. It is SO stinkin' hard to get motivated to brew when it is over 100.

:(

Tell me about it. I have six empty kegs now.

Two will be filled with the split batch of wheat this weekend, but that still leaves four empty kegs.

This hot weather blows. It is SO stinkin' hard to get motivated to brew when it is over 100.

:(

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. Last winter I couldn't wait for it to warm up so I could get some stuff done. Now it's just too stinkin hot to do anything. Thank God we have air conditioner in the bedroom! :ban:

Back