Why close threads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaloch

Reaction score
wondering why they close old threads and or threads that go on for eternity. I loved following Ed Worts Alphenwein thread but now it is closed and you can’t even view the thread past the first page (I think there was something like 30 pages before it was closed). What’s the point of accumulating all that knowledge of questions/answers on a thread if your doing to lock it down.

Isn’t the point to communication our passion? Every if people are sometimes asking the same questions, there are moderators helping direct them to other links/answers.

It seems stupid to close threads, let us continue the conversation. If HomeBrew talk is running out of server space on their hosting account too bad sell more ads, don’t punish us

Did you look at this thread yet? It's the Mother Of All Apfelwein threads.
I have a feeling you looked at the duplicate thread that got closed for obvious reasons...

Cheers!

Whoops! dang I was looking at the wrong link! Sorry for my stupidity!

wondering why they close old threads and or threads that go on for eternity. I loved following Ed Worts Alphenwein thread but now it is closed and you can’t even view the thread past the first page (I think there was something like 30 pages before it was closed). What’s the point of accumulating all that knowledge of questions/answers on a thread if your doing to lock it down.

Isn’t the point to communication our passion? Every if people are sometimes asking the same questions, there are moderators helping direct them to other links/answers.

It seems stupid to close threads, let us continue the conversation. If HomeBrew talk is running out of server space on their hosting account too bad sell more ads, don’t punish us

If I get 10 likes to this post I'll close this thread. Democracy wrapped in irony, like a corndog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back