Who's ready to buy some 2009 hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was taking a look at the projected crops from Washington and Oregon and didn't realize they are going to harvest more Columbus/Tomahawk that they do Cascades. Seems like people are really taking a liking to this hop. For that matter, Galena is going to produce more too. Anyways, I am trying to figure out what I want to buy from this years crop and thought other would like to see the following PDF

http://www.hopsdirect.com/files/files/2009NASSReport.pdf

Also, I hope we see some price drops for new product as they are going to be producing more as well as probably still having 2008 hops on hand.

I'm ready, I was going to order a bunch of hops on Friday, including some Amarillo. As of yesterday freshhops is out of amarillo until the new harvest.

I just ordered some more simcoe and summit pellets, that brings me up to 15# so I'm set for awhile, I think. ;)

CTZ is a great hop all around in my book. In addition to bittering it's awesome for dry hopping, being among the highest in % hop oil content with a nice aroma, and the flavor is a cross of floral and citrus which makes a great IPA or IIPA.

They don't actually start selling 2009 until like November right?

That sucks, this is the first year I have come to this time of year and was in the market to buy in bulk so I was not aware of that. I figured if they harvested in August, they would be to the market earlier than November :(

If I were a grower, I'd really love to blow out as much of last year's harvest as I could. I think one of the reasons they also delay shipping is that they have to fulfill all their large contracts first.

If I were a grower, I'd really love to blow out as much of last year's harvest as I could. I think one of the reasons they also delay shipping is that they have to fulfill all their large contracts first.

Yep....the homebrew market is so small that we get what's left.

Back